SEARCH MY BLOG

Sunday, September 28, 2014

New Trailer: Expelled From Paradise by Gen Urobuchi


Typically, I am not often interested in 3D animated films, however with the creative mind of Gen Urobuchi behind, Expelled From Paradise, aka Rakuen Tsuihou, is automatically intriguing to me. Other than this vague trailer, not much of the plot is known about Expelled from Paradise, except that it is apparently, it is a science fiction action film. Toei Animation, the creators of Space Pirate Captain Harlock (my review here), is the animation studio behind the production, and while 3D animation is not ideal, it doesn't look half bad. However, the only reason I am even giving this film a second thought is that Gen Urobuchi is the sole writer of the film, and it is an original production, not based on a novel or comic. Urobuchi is most commonly known for his brilliant work on series such as Fate/ZeroPsycho-Pass, and Madoka Magica, and while not flawless, he rarely disappoints his fans, so maybe Expelled From Paradise will be a surprise hit. What do you think? Please comment below and check back tomorrow for my Top 15 Anime of the Fall.

If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

6 comments:

  1. This could be a potentially interesting series! :) Let me know what you think of it when you watch it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever the movie is released in the US and I see it, I will let you know! :)

      -James

      Delete
  2. I like the trailer! Since I loved Psycho-Pass and I'm sure I'll enjoy Fate/Zero, I'm excited to see this at some point! It is interesting he decided to make a movie and not another TV series.

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it too! I know, I am not sure why. He is not as involved in the next season of Psycho-Pass either.

      -James

      Delete
  3. Reminds me of Battle Angel Alita, but way less gritty and a bit on the colorful side. I wonder what this is about. Like you, this is automatically in my list of to-watch, because of Gen Urobuchi. Also, hope I can catch up this coming season, since I'm not reviewing/watching much these months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get around to reading Battle Angel Alita sometime. I do not know what it is about either. As far as I know, no plot summaries have been released, but if Urobuchi is involved, we will both be watching it. I will be looking forward to your reviews. I have just wrapped up my summer anime reviews, which will be coming next.

      -James

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...