SEARCH MY BLOG

Saturday, March 8, 2014

I've Been Tagged

Jamie over at THROUGH TWO BLUE EYES tagged with the Sunflower Tag and since I have already done the tag a long time ago so I am going to skip the random and just answer Jamie's questions and tag people.


Rules:

1. Share 11 facts about yourself.

2. Answer the questions set by your Nomination Blogger

3. Nominate 11 bloggers.

4. Set questions for the nominated bloggers.

1. If you could only keep two of your five senses, which would they be?
Sight and hearing.

2. What is your opinion of the Harry Potter series; if you like it, who are your favorite characters and what house do you belong? If you don’t, do you hold your standards for Harry Potter against other series with magic like Lord of the Rings, Merlin or The Chronicles of Narnia? Why or why not?
Harry Potter is an overall strong franchise that started out as a couple of decent kids' movies and ended up being a fantasy epic. While not even close to The Lord of the Rings in terms of quality, Harry Potter is my fourth favorite fantasy franchise after The Lord of the Rings (obviously), Fullmetal Alchemist, and Kara no Kyoukai.

3. What three movies are you looking forward to most this year?
Some of the movies have already come out, but in the links below you can read my most anticipated movies of this year.
Top 13 Movies of 2014: Part 1
Top 13 Movies of 2014: Part 2


4. What sport do you dislike the most and why? (not understanding it is not really a reasonable answer. Sorry.)
Of the main sports, it would be NASCAR, although I don't really count it as a sport. Sorry NASCAR fans, it is just some guys going around in a circle so that rednecks can watch it and get drunk. 


5. Do you use Pandora Radio? If you do, what are your favorite stations to listen to?
No, I only listened to it once and that was from someone else's computer.


6. What Internet browser do you use?
Until about 6 months ago I used Explorer, but now that Explorer does not work with Blogger, I use a combination of Google Chrome and Firefox depending on what I am trying to do.

7. Opinion on popcorn.
When done right, I love it!

8. Recall something kind or thoughtful someone outside your family did or said to you that made a lasting impression with you; say a quick thank you and then privately think about how you could do something similar to someone else.
Honestly, I cannot think of anything specific.

Now for my questions:
What is your favorite movie/TV/anime/video game soundtrack (and no, musicals do not count)?

What are your opinions on the supposed "classic" films such as The Godfather, Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind, and 2001: A Space Odyssey. If you have not seen any of them, do you ever plan to watch them?

What is your opinion of anime?

What is your favorite anime? (if you have not seen anime, what is your favorite animated series)

I tag who ever wants to answer the questions.

If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

10 comments:

  1. Deadlight tagged me to something similar before, and since I don't really socialize much in blogging, I didn't pass it on.

    I consider my blog as a journal/diary, and not as a real 'blog', and I post stuff mostly to archive reviews rather than to please an audience. What I'm trying to say is, I purposefully avoid posting and tagging these kinds of things, because it will ruin the harmony of my archiving. But I think it's a good way to improve blog rolls / meet new bloggers!

    Well anyway, instead of creating my own post in my blog (or 'journal' haha), let me just answer it here just for the fun of it.

    CLASSIC FILMS - I'm not really interested in classic films. The only one I've seen in that list is Citizen Kane, because if was required in my film class. It bored me to death. But The Godfather seems to be entertaining, so I might check that out, but it's not a priority.

    SOUNDTRACK - I like the works of Hans Zimmer in movies, particularly the Pirates of the Caribbean. And as you already know, I like Yuki Kajiura, particularly her soundtracks for Madoka and Fate/Zero. I heard Kara no Kyoukai is under her too? I also like the soundtracks of Naruto Shippuden and Fairy Tail.

    ANIME - The reason why I still subscribe to anime is because I consider it as a unique storytelling medium. Anime has some of the most imaginative storylines I've ever encountered in fiction overall. But really good ones are hard finds though (as you know), and mostly are just trashy (the reason why 'anime' is generally stereotyped as big-eyed girls and childish)

    FAVORITE ANIME: That's kind of a big question... HAHAHA. I don't know how to answer that really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In general, I don't do tags like this anymore, but since one of my friends tagged me with some fun questions I figured I would do it.

      Thanks for answering the question in comments!

      Agreed, while I did find some enjoyment in Citizen Kane, it was really dull.The Godfather is actually a good movie if you can get past the slow first 30 minutes of setup. I watched it the other day and found it to be surprising good.

      Hans Zimmer's soundtrack for Pirates of the Caribbean is a favorite of mine too. And yes, Yuki Kajiura did the entire soundtrack for the Kara no Kyoukai films and it is magnificent! Maybe her best work in some regards. Fairy Tail's soundtrack is also a favorite of mine, but I have not heard Naruto's soundtrack yet.

      I agree with you on all points about anime. It is such a unique medium that allows for a great creativity and originality. It is unfortunate though that anime is stereotyped by the moe genre and absurd fan-service shows.

      Picking a favorite anime is certainly not an easy for anyone!

      -James

      Delete
  2. Great answers! :) And I agree, I love the Harry Potter series- probably my second after Lord of the Rings in terms of the fantasy genre. :)
    I answered your questions on my blog in today's post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In terms of live-action, Harry Potter is definitely my second favorite fantasy franchise behind LOTR, but they are certainly classics. :)
      Great answers on your post!

      -James

      Delete
  3. Thanks for answering my questions; your response about NASCAR made me laugh!!!!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can answer the first group of questions:
    1.) I'd keep sight and sound as my sense.
    2.) Harry Potter became darker as the series went on, so I don't think it is 'children's books' after Prisoner of Azkaban. I'm not a fan because I didn't like the first book (but everyone says that's the weakest). My favorite characters are Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom (or as I call them, Mom & Dad).
    3.) I can't think of a film I'm looking forward to apart from Days of Future Past.
    4.) I don't like basketball...because I'm frankly too short to play. All that running back & forth seems pointless to me, and did I mention I'm short?
    5.) No.
    6.) Explorer, and sometimes Chrome.
    7.) Kettle all the way. I'm hopelessly addicted to kettle corn.
    8.) I'm drawing a blank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good answers Rick!

      Agreed, after the Prisoner of Azkaban the Harry Potter movies are do not really have the feel of kids' movies. Haha, good picks for your favorites. I have always liked Luna and Neville.

      I do not like basketball either. The sport is boring to watch and play.

      Kettle corn is great! I somewhat addicted to it as well.

      -James

      Delete
  5. Haha, I like your comment about NASCAR. xD This seems like fun, but I don't really want to post something like this on my blog for the same reasons as Arvin, so I'll respond in the comments if that's okay.

    1. My favourite OST is from a PC game called Touhou. It's so incredibly catchy. @_@

    2. I have not seen classic movies like that... I don't know if I'll ever watch them, either. I'm kind of OCD about anime and I don't watch much else unless it just happens upon me.

    3. I love anime! I don't know what I'd do without it. I'd probably have an obsession of a different sort; maybe movies or regular novels.

    4. My favourite anime, as you know, is Steins;Gate. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is certainly a good reason. As I told Arvin, I don't usually do tags like this but since my friend tagged with some fun questions I figured why not. :)

      After commented, I started listening to the OST for Touhou and it is really catchy. I like it!

      I would definitely recommend Seven Samurai. It is one of the classic Japanese film that I would recommend to anime fans since a lot of anime is heavily inspired by it. Just know that the movie starts off really slow. :)

      How could anyone not love Steins;Gate? :D

      Thanks for answering the questions in the comment; they were a lot of fun to read!

      -James

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...