SEARCH MY BLOG

Friday, March 14, 2014

Agents of SHIELD: T.A.H.I.T.I. Review

Agents of SHIELD is finally getting truly consistent with its high quality and darker tone with another incredibly strong episode that might be the best one yet. Unfortunately however, the series reached a new low in terms of viewership with its lowest ratings yet, so it might be too little, too late...
*Spoilers Ahead* 
Now that Skye was shot at the end of the previous episode, the team has to save her by finding the location of where Coulson was resurrected. "T.A.H.I.T.I." had a ton of awesomeness and reveals in the episode! To start with, veteran actor Bill Paxton makes the first of several appearances in the series as John Garrett, a character from the comics. Considering that Paxton is such a good actor, it should be no surprise that he killed it in the role and ate up every minute of his screen time! I cannot wait until we get to see him again. The fact that he had a history with Coulson and Ward made his appearance even better. It was great to actually see a SHIELD agent that was not such a by-the-numbers stickler. He even ended up helping Coulson attack the secret medical complex. As for the big reveal about the secret behind T.A.H.I.T.I. and the "magical" GH325 drug that saved Coulson's life, it was utterly unexpected and incredibly exciting! Who is this blue alien? Since Fox owns the Kree, unless they worked something out, theories are suggesting that it is either a Centurion or a Frost Giant. There is a Centurion character in the Guardians of the Galaxy film, so that is not an entirely far fetched idea. Of course, we all know about the Frost Giants from Thor since everyone's favorite "god of mischief," Loki, happens to be one. Considering the amount of Asgardian tie-ins this season, the Frost Giant theory seems the most likely. On other things, the action and attack on the complex was majorly cool! It reminded me of some good action movies. May flipping out and beating the crap out of the prisoner was a great moment as well. One odd complaint that some have had with the episode that some viewers do not view the team as a "family" even though we are being told that with Skye's near death experience. To me however, all of the characters seem to be getting along and having great chemistry, especially in the last few episodes. Also, Skye being shot for the sole reason of the Clairvoyant trying to discover Coulson's secret was a smart choice. The black guy, who's name eludes me, looks like he is going to give Fitz a run-for-his-money in the battle for Simmons' affection. Hopefully it will not lead to anything overly dramatic though.
The extended after credits bit with the Asgardian, Lorelei, was a cool setup for next week's Lady Sif episode that will hopefully not disappoint.

Overall: 9.7/10- "T.A.H.I.T.I." continues Agents of SHIELD's darker and more serious episodes that retain the humor and fun feeling of the previous episodes. Overall, excellent job all around, we are finally getting some answers!

You another opinion, you can read T.M. Hall's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: T.A.H.I.T.I. Review by clicking on the link.

If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

5 comments:

  1. I'd imagine that Fox/Marvel came to an agreement since, SPOILERS, Sif mentioned the Kree in 'Yes Men'.
    This episode was one of the better ones this season, and I totally agree-the show is finding it's pace between drama/humor, which is good, so long as it doesn't go too dark, and all that. The episode has some really surprising reveals as you said, and this show is really good at giving you answers, and giving you more questions at the same time. Garret and Tripp are supposed to be in the next episode, by the way, but it doesn't come on until April 1st, or so says Wikipedia, anyway. It was one of the better episodes of the season, but like you said, it may be too late, and I've really hoping that this show gets renewed, because it's a really good show, but a lot of fans don't like it, which is why another show I watch ended up getting cancelled. Thanks for putting in a link to my review! Great review, James! Can't wait to see what you thought of 'Yes Men'!

    -Tegan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Spoilers* I noticed that Sif mentioned the Kree as well, although I forgot to update this review that I wrote before watching the recent. :/ But it is an exciting possibility for the Kree to be apart of all this!
      Tripp, that's the guy's name. I couldn't remember it! Yes, I am mostly sure that next week's episode is being replaced by the Marvel Behind the Scenes special, which should be a lot of fun.
      As for the series being canceled, according to what I have read, it is likely to be renewed for another season, which is great!
      Hopefully I can get the review for Yes Men out in a few days!

      -James

      Delete
    2. Yeah, the documentary looks like a lot of fun, and interesting. I'm definitely going to watch it if I can. I saw the same thing for the show about being cancelled, so I'm really hoping it doesn't get cancelled. It's been my main concern for the series. But, fingers crossed!
      Looking forward to your review!
      -Tegan

      Delete
  2. Great review! :) I agree, this was a great episode! :D I really liked how we are beginning to find out what's going on with Coulson(and other answers) and Bill Paxton was a really nice addition- really enjoyed his character :). I also heard the complaints about the group not feeling like a family and I agree with you, they seem pretty close to me. I'll be interested in seeing what your thoughts on "Yes Men" are :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was so good to finally get some answers! :D I am really liking where the series is going now. I really do not get the dislike of that aspect of the series either. :/ Hopefully I can get my review for that up soon. :)

      -James

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...