SEARCH MY BLOG

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Concept Art

On the Marvel TV Tuesday, concept art for the upcoming Avengers (2): Age of Ultron was released and it is rather intriguing! Below are all of the concept art with my thoughts about each.

Hulkbuster armor! Oh man, the actual Hulkbuster armor! As you can see from the picture below, it looks almost exactly like the comics! In Iron Man 3, a somewhat similar suit of armor was used by J.A.R.V.I.S. during the battle with the Extremis soldiers; however, this one looks a lot bigger when you consider how huge the Hulk is. My guess as to why Iron Man and Hulk are fighting is that either Hulk goes into rage mode like he often does in the comics because of something Ultron does, or Ultron is controlling the Hulkbuster armor since it is not uncommon for him to takeover the Iron Man suits. I know a couple of other things, but that could be spoiler territory.

Hulkbuster from comics


Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver looks a lot like the Ultimate comics version of the character (picture below), except his hair is normal color. While I am still questioning Whedon's decision to add so many characters, he looks a lot like I had pictured him. At least he is going to be a lot better than the X-Men: Days of Future Past version.



Considering that Scarlett Johansson is pregnant, I hope they do not have to write her out of the movie, because her and Hulk teaming up after what happened in the Avengers will make for an intriguing dynamic. That picture of Hulk almost looks exactly like the ones used from the previous movie though.

Scarlet Witch in what Marvel is basically calling "Street Clothes." I am more interested in seeing where they go for the actual costume, but I am fine with how this looks right now. I wonder how the movie is going to work magic into the equation.  

Avengers: Age of Ultron will likely be an awesome movie and this concept art does nothing to change my mind. Joss Whedon has "done the impossible, and that makes him mighty," when he made the Avengers into one of the best films ever made and there is no reason he cannot do it again. What are your thoughts of the concept art? Please comment below and me know.

Another quick update. Sorry for the filler posts this past week, hopefully I can actually get something good ready this coming week after the Reader's Choice on Monday. Also sorry for not replying to all of the comments or e-mails in a while, hopefully when I start feeling better I will catch up on doing that.

If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

3 comments:

  1. The concept art was really interesting to see-especially the Hulkbuster armor (I've never read any of the comics with the armor in it, but I've heard of it), I agree, maybe Ultron tries to control the armor or something. Who knows? It could be either one of the suggestions you mentioned. The other concept art is pretty cool looking, and I love Scarlet Witch's outfit, I'm wondering if that's going to be her outfit for the film. I hope you'll feel better soon! Great post as always, James!

    -Tegan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool concept art- definitely looking forward to the film! :D I am especially interested in seeing The Scarlet Witch, since she seems like a cool character :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this post quite interesting how ever i found related article on (comicbookmovie) and you guys are always made some genuine elements and how ever i likes the avenger series and from the long time and its good to be here that is another part is now going to be released shortly on this may and i an so excite about to enjoy this by Watch Avengers Age of Ultron Online and can anybody here can provide the best source to enjoy this movie all series...!

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...