SEARCH MY BLOG

Friday, March 21, 2014

2013 Year in Television: Part 3

Here is the continuation of my overview of the TV series that came out last year.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars
2013 featured the fifth and final season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, one of my all-time favorite television series. It was a sad day when Disney virtually cancelled the series. Hopefully the final episodes will give closure to the series, and prepare us for the upcoming Rebels. As for the fifth season itself, it certainly had its ups and downs, featuring some of the series' best episodes, as well as some of its worst episodes. At least the final episode was one of the most emotional and best conclusions of all-time. Wow, just writing this makes me sad to see it go. 


Hell on Wheels
Hell on Wheels, also known as the AMC show that is not named Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead, but almost no one actually watches it. Seriously, Hell on Wheels is an awesome and bada** western series, and the only good western more of fiction since the True Grit remake. It is dark, gritty, and looks great for a television budget. While it may not be up to par with AMC's shows like The Walking Dead, it is still very good, and season three is probably among the series' best. Also, "Hell on Wheels" refers to the railroad, and the series is about building the transcontinental railroad.


Warehouse 13
Why am I still watching Warehouse 13?! After two fun seasons, the show completely jumps the shark. From season three onward, it is almost unbearable at times. However, season four did have one highlight, the episode "The Big Snag." "The Big Snag" took Pete and Myka into an old 1930s noir mystery novel, complete with everything being in black and white, which made me really wish there was a classic noir series that pays homage to the old ones like the Maltese Falcon and the Big Sleep. Other than that, the show was crap, and in a few months the final six episodes of the series will air, and I will probably watch them.


Beware the Batman
Honestly, I was barely able to sit through the first episode of this new Batman animated series. The only reason why I wanted to talk about it was that I wanted to rant about how Cartoon Network cancelled Young Justice in place of Beware the Batman because Young Justice actually appealed to audiences outside of young boys, (e.i. girls, older audiences like myself). Seriously, that is what the executives at Cartoon Network said! On the positives, Cartoon Network's stupidity lead me to seek other animation, which lead me to the world of anime, which is superior to anything made over here. 

I had something else planned but since as I have said several times, I am sick so the blog is on autopilot with posts that I had written when I was not sick. Also, thanks everyone for the good wishes and prayers. Hopefully, tomorrow I can manage posting about the concept art that was released for Avengers 2: Age of Ultron.

If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

6 comments:

  1. I have an undeniable love for Warehouse 13. No matter how nuts it gets. Sadly, I've missed this entire season. I guess I'll watch it online at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you like Warehouse 13, you are going to this past season then.

      -James

      Delete
  2. I didn't realize there was going to be another addition to this series, how exciting!!!

    I have heard very little about Hell on Wheels but I'll have to look into more!!

    Warehouse 13 has fallen from what it used to be, it's true, but I still enjoy it. I'm sad that's it going to be over but at the same time it's good they're wrapping the show up to a completion since it has changed so much from the glory days. :(

    Still praying that you get better soon!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there might be another installment somewhere in my drafts, but since it was not very popular I decided to put it on the backburner for a while.

      Hell on Wheels is a very solid series. You might enjoy it after the slow first season.

      I agree, at least the series is getting a true conclusion. It would be even worse if it was just cancelled.

      Thanks Jamie! :)

      -James

      Delete
  3. Hats off to your dedication to blogging. Wish I had 10% of your passion.

    B2B.

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...