SEARCH MY BLOG

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Saoirse Ronan in Star Wars Ep. 7?

Saoirse Ronanis heavily rumored to be reading for the part of a lead villainess or heroine in the upcoming Star Wars Ep.7. Since Saoirse reportedly turned down the role of the Scarlett Witch in Joss Whedon's Avengers sequel, it would only be logical to think that maybe a possible role in Star Wars is the reasoning behind her discussion. She is not that well known enough for me to consider her too "famous" for the role, but at the same time Ronan's performances have been great, even though I am not a fan of some of her movies. Despite her movie "Hannah" being a nonsensical attempt at an art-house action flick, she can certainly handle an action role and her acting was still very good in the film as well as in "The Way Back." She also received critical praise for "The Lovely Bones," which I have not seen. The blight on her résumé is that was in the critically panned, "The Host," which was based on a book by Stephenie Meyer, but I would not hold it against her. So, other than that, Saoirse Ronan would be a great addition to the Star Wars franchise. Maybe she could play fan-favorite Jaina Solo. There is a striking resemblance between the two, especially when she has her hair dyed brunette. Overall, this is probably the best casting news I have heard coming from the film outside of the original cast returning. Below is a video with more about the story, along with the possible role of Benedict Cumberbatch. What is your opinion of this rumor, disappointed or excited? Please comment below.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

16 comments:

  1. Hmmm...it sounds pretty logical to me, I guess. She looks like she'd be good; I hope this rumor's true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. My main concern about Cumberbatch is that has already played basically the same role in Trek and Star Wars is a completely different type of movie.

      -James

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. She's a fresh face to me although I have heard of her movies (just not her). If she's a good actress that I won't be worried about her. :D

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't you seen her in City of Embers though? Let's hope for the best. :)

      -James

      Delete
    2. That's true but that was ages ago and she was a lot younger....

      ~Jamie

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never really been a fan of her but looking at it now...she could pull off being Jaina.

    But Cumberbatch.....I love the guy to death....but please not in Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not such about how well she could play the role either until I saw the pictures.

      Agreed, Cumberbatch really should not be in Star Wars, way too famous now.

      -James

      Delete
  6. I think she would make a good Jaina Solo- she certainly looks the part with her hair died brown :) I would be pretty happy if she was in it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far she is the few actresses that I have seen that looks a lot like Jania. :)

      -James

      Delete
  7. I did not like her much in the Host, but she might do fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I have ever heard of her...
    But you guys are saying she was in City of Ember, so I guess I have seen her...but its been a while...

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...