SEARCH MY BLOG

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Jacob the Movie Reviewer Reviews.

Today I have a quick announcement for about what is to come for the blog. My younger brother and co-founder of J and J Productions, Jacob the Movie Reviewer, will be playing a larger role in some of my reviews. Jacob has always given me ideas for what to say in the reviews because we basically watch all the same movies together, so he has always been the person who I discuss movies with. For the reviews and we typically have the same opinion of most movies, however there are times when I enjoy a movie more than he does or vice versa, therefore I am going to add section to end of some reviews named the "Jacob the Movie Reviewer Opinion," where he gives his rating to a film and his brief opinion about it. Because Jacob is not really the type of guy that enjoys writing, I will be writing what he tells me. Also please remember that I (James) am the main author of the blog, therefore please direct comments to me, but I will tell Jacob if you have anything to say to him. Another thing important to mention is that Jacob is usually harder on movies, hence, an often lower ratings for most movies and if Jacob does not have his opinion on my reviews, it is assume that we both agree about it. Below are a few quick reviews Jacob to films that I have recently reviewed on this blog.
 
The Wizard of Oz Review: 2.5/10- I despise musicals with a passion, much more so than my brother, so my expectations for the Wizards of Oz were extremely low and the movie met those expectations.
Life of Pi Review: 7.3/10- Incredibly original concept and story with impressive use of symbolism, Life of Pi's CGI effects are realistic for the animals. Also the film had an original sense of humor in the beginning of the movie. Overall, fun movie with fantastic special effects.
Oz the Great and Powerful Review: 5.3/10- Although my expectations where low, Oz the Great and Powerful slightly disappointed due to its occasionally painful corniness. The movie was all over the place tonally, ranging from cheesy comedy, to fantasy adventure, but the movie never found a good consistent tone.
  
 
 
 
If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

12 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading your brother's stuff, it's always good to have another voice on a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great because you're blog is freaking called "J and J Productions" it's about time the other J come into the picture, Lol. Glad you're still the main author, though. :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL! The name should now be "J,J,J,J,J,M, and R Productions with all the guest authors now! :D

      -James

      Delete
  3. Great news, James.

    I am interested to read Jacob's take on movies.

    B2B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B2B, hopefully I can start getting his opinion in the coming reviews.

      -James

      Delete
  4. Okay so Jacob and I totally agree on Wizard of Oz! :D
    I really want to see Life of Pi. It looks like a really interesting movie!

    God Bless,
    Vellvin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! :D I will tell him that.
      Life of Pi was a lot of fun, I recommend for sure!

      -James

      Delete
    2. If you don't mind my asking but what is your age gap?

      Delete
    3. Jacob is two years younger than I am. :)

      -James

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...