SEARCH MY BLOG

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Harry Potter Spinoff Movie Series Announced.

A Harry Potter spinoff movie series is in the works based on the "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" book. The film is set to be written by the creator of the Harry Potter franchise herself, J.K. Rowling. The movie is said to be neither a prequel or sequel to the Harry Potter films, but rather a standalone story set within the Harry Potter universe before the events of the Harry Potter films. According to the description, the book "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" is a book within the Harry Potter book, as well as being a published book, so it is basically "Bookception!" The movie will star the character Newt Scamander. Although I have not read the Harry Potter books, I am a fan of the movies, therefore this news excites me to a degree. Hopefully, the film will continue the darker trend that the franchise took in the last four films and have director David Yates return because he did such an excellent job with the movies. My main concern is that the book has a somewhat childish name, however I am still hopeful that the movie will turn out well. Just a few weeks ago, Shena Tokala and I briefly discussed the unlikelihood of another film set in the Harry Potter franchise in my Podcast, which you can see here. Considering that Man of Steel was not the mega hit that Warner Brothers hoped for, it does make sense to revive the Harry Potter franchise, since it is the highest grossing franchise of all-time. What are your thoughts on this surprising news? Please comment below.
 
 
 
If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

5 comments:

  1. I was pretty surprised when I heard about it :) I had read the book "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" back when I was little, and it's basically a text book on the different kinds of creatures in the Wizarding World, so it's interesting their making a movie based off of it.
    I am glad that he is going to be the main character and apparently, I also heard, it is going to be taking place in America during the 1920s, which I think would be really cool to see.
    Hopefully it will turn out good(and I'll see if I can somehow be in it). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 1920s? Now I am very excited for the film! A Harry Potter period movie sounds like the best idea I have heard in a while. :) Thanks for the info, I knew that you know something about it.

      -James

      Delete
  2. This is like one of the biggest plot twist in film ever (although the new Star Wars movie was bigger but still.) I'll be interested to see where this series goes...

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, almost no one expected another Harry Potter movie, and I didn't know you where interested in the franchise at all.

      -James

      Delete
  3. I haven't finished Harry Potter yet but this is exciting! I really love the idea of the 20s New York setting - that alone makes me want to see it without knowing anything about the story. It'll be interesting to hear more about it as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...