SEARCH MY BLOG

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Avengers: Ultron is Cast and More.

James Spader has been cast as the voice of Ultron, the main of the next Avengers film. This casting has debunked the rumor that Tony Stark's computer aid, JARVIS, will turn evil and become Ultron since Paul Bettany voices that character, however, something similar is likely to happen though. As for Spader, I have only seen him in the old Stargate film, which I enjoyed quite a lot since I am a fan of the TV series spinoff. On other Avengers casting news, Elizabeth Olsen is said to be cast as the Scarlet Witch, daughter of Magneto from the X-Men franchise, however the movie cannot legally mention that fact or that she is even a mutant since Fox owns X-Men. In the comics, Scarlet Witch and her brother Quicksilver became part of the Avengers after leaving their father. Joss Whedon has said that Saoirse Ronan was Whedon's original choice for the role and she turned down the role. She probably would have been an excellent for the role since the character is Eastern European and Ronan has the perfect accent for the role. Hopefully, Olsen will be able to capture the correct accent and the character for the role since she is American. What are your thoughts on these casting picks? Please comment below and check out my posting schedule here.
 
Sam Spader and Ultron
 
Elizabeth Olsen Scarlet Witch
 
 
If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

16 comments:

  1. I haven't seen either actor(to my knowledge) in anything before, but hopefully they will get the characters right(and I don't get why Miss Ronan would turn the role down, I'd definitely play it if given the chance).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, why would Ronan turn down the biggest role of her career!?

      -James

      Delete
  2. I have seen James Spader's performance in the TV Series, The Office and the movie Wolf.

    He is an inspiring choice for the role.

    B2B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good to hear, I was not sure about his recent acting roles.

      -James

      Delete
  3. Sam Spader was very formidable in his role in The Office, so I will be very interested to see his acting here! :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I heard he was in the Office, I knew you would have something to say about him, and that's great, because Ultron will hopefully be a great character. :)

      -James

      Delete
  4. James Spader I remember from things like Pretty in Pink and Bad Influence, and I think he is, like Buddy2Blogger said, an inspired choice.

    As for Elizabeth Olsen, after her turn in Martha Marcy May Marlene, I don't think she can do wrong. Ronan would have been excellent too, but so far I am pleased w/this news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is certainly good news, I am mostly unfamiliar with most of his work.

      That is also good to hear about Olsen, I probably need to watch her in that role, thanks Rick.

      -James

      Delete
  5. Who did James Spader play in Stargate? I'm a huge fan of the movie and series as well, but I'm drawing a blank when it comes to who he played.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He played Daniel Jackson. You are a fan of Stargate too?! That was one of my first favorite sci-fi shows, I love that franchise, except SGU, I hated that.

      -James

      Delete
    2. OH! I haven't seen the movie in a while, so I didn't remember him as Daniel. LOL! Stargate was one of my first favorite sci-fi shows too! And I didn't even try SGU. I watched the trailer for the first season and was like...no. But I LOOOOVE Stargate: Atlantis. My family and I watched the entire five seasons in four weeks. When we get into a series it becomes our life:) Have you seen Falling Skies?

      Delete
    3. That is so cool! It is best not to watch SGU, it is terrible!
      I love Atlantis as well, I actually watched it when it first aired, why did it have to end on a cliffhanger!? I really wish they had made the movie that was in production. Yes, I have seen Falling Skies. The season 3 finale was rather surprising but I liked it. The Volm where a great addition to the series. I hope that season four will be even better.

      -James

      Delete
    4. I know! The movie would've been so good. And the aliens in Falling Skies are some of the best I've ever seen.

      Delete
  6. James Spader!! I watched "Stargate" just last week; I've been a fan of SG-1 and Atlantis for some years now. (And SU was worth a watch strictly for the excellent Robert Carlyle. That man can play extraordinarily complex characters. I still don't know if he's antiheroic or villainous...)

    I have no opinion of Elizabeth Olsen as yet. I was going to say I'm reserving judgment, but that sounds oddly judgmental.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, it is great to see another Stargate fan; I love those shows, except SGU. I agree Carlyle was the good in the show, but I was still very disappointed.

      True, thanks for commenting!

      -James

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...