SEARCH MY BLOG

Friday, September 20, 2013

Agent Carter TV Series and Agents of SHIELD.

Breaking Marvel news, an Agent Peggy Carter TV series is rumored to be in development. The current rumor is that Hayley Atwell might be returning to reprising her role for a television series that will obviously air on ABC. The recent positive reaction to the Agent Carter Marvel One-Shot short film, which is included on the Iron Man 3 Blu-Ray, is said to be the basis for the television show similar to how Item 47 served as the pilot for Agents of SHEILD in a way. Since Carter works for the an early incarnation of SHIELD, the series could parallel the upcoming Agents of SHIELD TV series and possibly feature connected storylines, although that is just my theory. Hopefully Dominic Cooper would reprise his role as Howard Stark as well. Because a feature film staring a female is somewhat of a risk, launching Carter in a TV series makes more sense, since female leads on TV are not uncommon. Just the thought of a science fiction-ish World War II/Cold War spy series is just too awesome to not hope for. Taking the less-super characters of the Marvel universe and sending them into the realm of television is a brilliant idea by Marvel and Disney, providing the quality remains as stellar as it always has been. Below is a video covering the story. 
 

Joss Whedon's and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series will be premiering this Tuesday at 8:00pm (check local listings). Do you plan to watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? I plan to review the first episode hopefully on the following Thursday or Wednesday. Since the series airs on ABC, anyone with a TV and a antenna in the US should be able to watch. If you are not able to watch the series for what ever reason, I will try and find a way for you to view the series online and post the link here tomorrow or the next day. Hopefully, ABC will feature full episodes on their website a few days after the original air date as they do for most other shows.
 

If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

16 comments:

  1. An Agent Carter show sounds promising, she was a pretty awesome character, and if Whedon gets anything to do with it, I'm sure it'd be brilliant.

    I'm super excited for Agents of SHIELD!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, if Whedon is involved the show will undoubtedly be gold!

      Me too, Tuesday can't come soon enough!

      -James

      Delete
  2. Cool! Did you see the deleted scene from the Avengers where Captain America was looking at the files of his old friends and comes across P.C.'s?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did. Did you know that Whedon filmed a scene where Cap meets a much older Peggy Carter, but it reportedly said that that scene will be used in the upcoming Winter Soldier.

      -James

      Delete
    2. Wow. No, I didn't know that. Wow. My sisters and I had been dreading that that might happen. So hard for Cap.!

      Delete
  3. I think it'll be FANTASTIC! Anything Joss Whedon writes is promising.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope they do an Agent Carter TV spin-off, that would be amazing. I saw the short online and really loved it!

    I plan to catch Agents of SHIELD on CouchTuner-- as long as the players work, so keep your fingers crossed. They usually put up any new episodes right after they air so unless things don't work out I should be able to watch it very quickly! :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, a spin-off would be so cool! I saw that it was online but I decided to wait until I get the Blu-Ray.

      If it is not on CouchTuner it should be on ABC, I will keep everyone informed about it. :)

      -James

      Delete
  5. That would be awesome if they did a TV series starring Agent Carter!! :D I'd love to see that, so great! Hopefully, that will be the next step to us getting a female superhero film(which I really, really want at some point). And I agree, I think it would parallel the upcoming Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. very well.
    I don't think I'll be able to watch the Agents of SHIELD episode that night since I'll be at performing in a play that night(we have performances for this week and next week).
    They most likely will post it on ABC.com since all the other shows that I watch from them get uploaded sometime during the next day. I am really excited about the show, though!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, a female superhero movie would be great if they choose the right character like Black Window or Miss Marvel. :D
      I the show does not disappoint!

      -James

      Delete
  6. We purposely don't have our TV connected to anything but a VCR/DVD player, so I'll be waiting for MAOS to arrie at Hulu or similar online viewing. Sniff, sniff, sniff. Very excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend's family have a similar setup in that respect. Although I do not have HuluPlus, I do believe that they will carry it.

      -James

      Delete
  7. The Agents of SHIELD. is going to be AMAZING!!! I cannot wait for it. And the possibility of Agent Carter spin-off is so exciting. I loved her in Captain America and wanted to see more of her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Agents of SHIELD will be awesome! Hopefully we will get to see more of her soon.

      -James

      Delete
  8. Oh man, I would so love an Agent Carter TV show, especially with that setting. I really hope that happens. Wasn't planning to watch Agents of SHIELD but been seeing some cool quotes from it so may follow it on hulu or something.

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...