SEARCH MY BLOG

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Lego Movie Trailer Review.

 
The Lego Movie, a real theatrically released movie about Legos and here is the awesome trailer and Batman is in it! This trailer has a very strong Wreck-It Ralph vibe with all the Lego references. Lego  were my favorite toy when I was a kid and I had a gigantic collection of many of the vintage Legos and anything Star Wars related so this trailer actually makes me very excited. Similar to the reason I enjoyed Wreck-It Ralph so much with all the video game references, The Lego Movie appears to have a ton of Lego references, which is awesome! Normally animated films are not my style, however there seems to be one every year that catches my interest like Wreck-It Ralph did last year, and The Lego Movie will be the animated film for me next year. Something else that makes me excited is that they choose the live-action comedy directing tea, Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who directed 21 Jump Street, which I have not seen. However, making an unconventional like that can really work like  Rich Moore did for Wreck-It Ralph because he had done more adult comedies like the Simpsons. Making a usually adult humor director clean-up his humor often creates a really funny film. The voice cast is spectacular, Chris Pratt, who will star in the upcoming Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy film, is the star of the film and I like what his part from the trailer. Just look at the cast:, Will Ferrell, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Liam Nesson, and Morgan Freeman, seriously top notch casting.
What I find kind of funny is that this is the closest thing we are going to get to a Justice League movie with Wonder Woman making her first big screen appearance in Lego form and the first Superman/Batman appearance ever. Batman will be playing a major part in the story, however the aforementioned probably will not.  
When I first heard about the film I expected something akin to the glossy appearance of the cut scenes in the Lego video games, however it surprised me with a stop-motion-animation type style, which is awesome and makes me actually excited. Before I started this blog my brother and I made Lego stop-motion short films, which you can see here, )also please remember that we made most of them 6-7 years ago so the voice acting is rubbish) and the animation style of the trailer looks amazing. Even though it is computer generated, it looks an awful lot like stop motion.
Overall I think the trailer looks great, it should be funny and packed with Lego jokes. Below are some screen caps. So, what did you think of the trailer? Please comment below.
 
 
Superman, voiced by Channing Tatum, this will be the first time Superman and Batman are on the big screen.
Wonder Woman's first theatrical appearance and it ends up being just a cameo in Lego form. Will she ever get her know movie or, at least, a Justice League appearance?
 Perfect attention to detail, the broken thing on the helmet is great, because that was always the first thing that broke on those guys.
 Major mistake, the few white guys from NBA All-Stars series were pale, not yellow skinned. Why didn't notice this? I can confirm this because I know them.

Best part of the trailer!
 
What did you think? Please comment below.
 
If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

10 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I'm looking foward to it, loved Legos as a kid and that spaceman lego really threw me back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I don't work in orange. I only build in black, and sometimes very very ,very dark grey!" That was awesome! I was laughing for two days after seeing that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS THE FIRST I'VE HEARD OF THIS! THIS. LOOKS. AMAZING!!!

    I love legos, too, my brother has a million of them and my sister and I had a ton when we were growing up too. And of course, we loved playing our Rock Raiders and Lego Island video games all the time. :)

    CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS MOVIE!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, it looks amazing!

      Very cool, those are exactly what I played when I was a kid. :)

      -James

      Delete
  4. I used to play Lego a long time back then I've got few of the vintage Star Wars vehicles and I also used to own two Exo-Force figures and some of the Bionicle. This is really immense that a Lego movie is going to be released out into the cinemas, it's just like the block version of Toy Story. All at the times it's something new, fresh and the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had many of those sets as well. I thought of Toy Story also, and since it is about Legos, it is relatable.

      -James

      Delete
  5. The Batman bit is my favorite part too.

    B2B.

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...