SEARCH MY BLOG

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Man of Steel Early Screening and Review Roundup!

Tonight I will going to see a early screening of Man of Steel! I just discovered that my local theater is having an early screening of Man of Steel later tonight, providing it is not sold out. Sure it is only a four hours earlier than the midnight showing, but it is still kind of cool. Hopefully at least the first half of my review will be posted tomorrow Now for the Review Roundup of Man of Steel, does Superman live up to super-hype? From the reviews, it seems that it does not. My original skepticism has been confirmed because the film is receiving reviews ranging from great to terrible. It is apparent that Man of Steel does not even match the reviews of Iron Man 3, maybe Thor: The Dark World will be the big comic book film of the year.
 
Update: Just got the tickets, I will be going to see the film tonight! Also expect a "First Impressions" post later tonight around 10:00pm American Eastern time
 
Rotten Tomatoes: 60%: If its rating continues to drop at this rate Man of Steel may end up "Rotten". Here is what Rotten Tomatoes said: "Superman's return to the big screen is mostly successful, as Man of Steel provides enough exhilarating action and spectacle to overcome its occasional detours into generic blockbuster territory."
 
Chris Stuckmann: B+: Chris was excited for film but it slightly disappointed him. Watch his review below.

 
Beyond the Trailers: B- or 6/10: Grace Randolph is big fan of the comics and the character of Superman, but believes non-Nolanites and non-comic book fans might not enjoy the movie. Watch her spoiler-free review below.

 
Jeremy Jahns: Buy it even on Blu-Ray: Basically "Buy it even on Blu-Ray" is equal to somewhere between 3.5 and 4.0 stars. He was super pumped for the movie and was kind of disappointed.
 
Schmoes Know: 4/5 and 3.25/5: As you can hear in the review below, Kristian Harloff is a fan of the character and gave it a 4/5 and found the movie enjoyable, yet somewhat disappointing. Mark did not care much for the movie giving it a 3.25/5. Watch their review below.
 
 
 Do you plan to watch the movie? Please comment below.




If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

9 comments:

  1. Gee, I hope it's good! :)
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still looking foward to it, the reviews don't really bother me because I have my own set of expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I'm going to see it, I think I'd rather try and see Epic and Thor in theatres. I'm waiting for reviews from people I know - which is why I'm eager for your review. Usually I base trusted reviews off whether I will see movies in theatre or not. (And other times I ignore them completely, or I'm the first to see it. This will be the case with The Hobbit *Grin*)

    I hope you enjoyed it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't put too much faith in the critics, so... And after reading some of the full reviews that were positive on Rottentomatoes, I think the movie's going to rock. :) I also noticed that many of the negative reviews were comparing it to the original(which I didn't really enjoy)saying MOS lacked much of the charm and wit of the original. But I prefer my superheroes much darker and more conflicted. So it might just be that some critics are caught up in a cloud of nostalgia. Anyway, certainly excited to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be waiting to see the film until it comes out on DVD- I hope you like it :)
    That's too bad it isn't getting good reviews, but then, maybe it isn't that great or maybe it will be good; Hopefully, it's a good film (and I agree, I think Thor 2 will be better).

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really cool that you're going to a early screening! I can't wait to hear what you think of it. Not sure when I'll see it myself.

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to your review.

    B2B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. James,

    Out of curiosity, will you be watching the movie in 3D or 2D. And how much did the advance screening ticket cost you.

    B2B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Buddy2Blogger: 2D, and they cost $9 opposed the usual $6 that my small town theater usually prices their tickets at. Also it was a Wal-Mart special, so I had to buy them at my local Wal-Mart. :)

    -James

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...