SEARCH MY BLOG

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy: After Credits Explained

If you have seen Guardians of the Galaxy, you might have been confused and perplexed by the odd after credits scene, and I am here to explain it. *Warning Spoilers Ahead* If you have not seen the movie, either read my review here, or go see the movie now! It is definitely worth going to see in theaters.
While not exactly a mid-credits scene, the dancing baby Groot was a lot of fun, but what has people confused is the the appearance of an anthropomorphic duck saying, "Why'd ya have it lick you like that? Gross!" to the Collector. If you are familiar with either Marvel lore or the 1986 feature film, which was produced by George Lucas, that character is Howard the Duck. Yes, in the main Marvel cannon, there is a character named Howard the Duck, and while he is often a joke character, he has interacted with many of Marvel's most iconic characters in the comics, and he is an alien. In fact, the Howard the Duck film was Marvel's first feature film, and it is also considered one of the weirdest and worst comic book movies ever made, even I have yet to see it. In the post credits scene, Howard was voiced by Robot Chicken creator, Seth Green. Even though something relevant to The Avengers: Age of Ultron would have been great, this little comedic gag for fans of Marvel is rather hilarious. Will Howard make an appearance in the GotG squeal? Who knows, but this post credits scene certainly had me laughing.


Howard the Duck from the 1986 film produced by George Lucas.
If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

8 comments:

  1. Since the post-credit scene in The Winter Soldier connected to Age of Ultron, I guess they didn't want to do another so they just had fun with it. I thought it was funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. The Winter Soldier is the main connection to Age of Ultron, while Guardians is almost completely detached from it.

      -James

      Delete
  2. I reckon Howard will join the Avengers, become a kickass hero and have his own catchphrases, having the audience in stitches. "Duck you, Hulk!" The mirth! "You're quackers, Ultron!" Ho ho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The end credits stuck me as very random and odd and considering I didn't know who Howard was, I didn't find it funny. So, to me personally those end credits were a disappointing waste of 30 thirty seconds. I wonder how many other people left the theater scratching their heads as well.

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess with how 80s everything else about the movie is, throwing in the 80s reference to Howard the Duck kind of makes sense. Plus, I think it was more for the fans I suppose.

      -James

      Delete
  4. I have seen Howard the Duck. It was a traumatic experience, but from that sprang my desire to be a film reviewer. I have reviewed Howard the Duck, so I'd recommend you skip it. I know people who stayed for the end were disappointed and puzzled, but better to see Howard than watch him sing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I think I want to see it just because it is so bad, and to say that I have seen it.

      -James

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...