SEARCH MY BLOG

Friday, March 20, 2015

Movie Music and More #3



After my first two Movie Music and More posts have gotten the series off to a strong start with more well known film scores, let's take a look at one that is relatively popular, yet not brought up nearly enough, Princess Mononoke by Joe Hisaishi. My particular favorite of the score is "Departure to the West." Everytime I listen to the score, I literally get chills. Even though more fast pace fair is usually my thing, Hisaishi's sweeping melody sets the perfect melancholy yet adventurous atmosphere that fits the film perfectly. Another excellent track is "The Legend of Ashitaka," which is also included on the playlist above along with several other tracks

If you are interested in film scores, you should probably have at least heard of Joe Hisaishi, and if not, you have now, because he is one of the greats that is most known for working with Hayao Miyazaki on many Studio Ghibli films.

What do you think of today's pick? Are you interested in these lesser known film scores? Please comment below and let me know, and check back tomorrow for a trailer review.





If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

9 comments:

  1. Another great choice! :D Loved this movie and the soundtrack, from what I remember, was very good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of the movie, but have not seen it, but the cue is pretty and has a strong classical music vibe in the middle. I'd listen to more of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend watching the movie sometime. It is like a much better version of Avatar (2009), although it is a little weird at the end, and of course, the music is even better when heard in the film

      -James

      Delete
  3. What a great piece. I like the soothing beginning and then the build during the second half. Joe Hisaishi is one of my new favorite composers of all time! (I need to rewatch Princess Mononoke!)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to rewatch it too, except in Japanese this time.

      -James

      Delete
  4. I saw this years and years ago, in college, but only once. This song was quite cool (especially around 1:41), and I'd definitely be interested in you highlighting lesser-known scores. I mean, it's great to read about scores I already know too, but it's also cool to experience new-to-me music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback! I will keep that in mind. :)

      -James

      Delete
  5. India is the country of music. I love their music. This is the world's most powerful music development. I always install their music. I am always looking for and updating the latest bollywood and hindi songs here: https://bestringtonesfree.net/

    Hope you enjoy it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...