SEARCH MY BLOG

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Jason Momoa as Aquaman Official Picture

The first official pictures of Jason Momoa as Aquaman in DC's upcoming films, presumably Batman v Superman, is here! Yes, I realize that this is old news, but I had a cold for the last week, so I am behind on all this stuff. Anyway, this looks more or less like we would expect a Jason Momoa as Aquaman would turn out. It is kind of a hybrid of the 90s and early 00s Aquaman from my era combined with Momoa's role in Game on Thrones (well, somewhat). Of course, the colors are washed out and dull, while that may just be because of the filters used on the picture, DC is trying their hardest to make the most visually dull and uninteresting heroes possible, and they are certainly succeeding in that respect. However, of all the costumes revealed thus far, this is my favorite since he does look bad*ss. Ever since watching Jason Momoa in Stargate Atlantis, I have always liked the actor, so out of the casting choices DC has made, he is also my favorite. Sure, this Aquaman bears little resemblance with most comic book incarnations, but to paraphrase Jeremy Jahns, how many people are actually Aquaman fans? Ever since the Super Friends, he is essentially a joke, so it will take a lot to make him cool, and DC is trying just that. Also, to be clear, until I either watch Batman v Superman or see a mind-blowing trailer, nothing will make care all that much about these upcoming DC films. We already know that they will likely be dull, colorless, and lacking in any of the charm that Marvel, or even DC's shows like The Flash and Arrow, contain, so we will just have to wait and see. Please let me know what you think of the Aquaman costume in the comments below!

Current Aquaman.
If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

7 comments:

  1. I think he looks awful. Like you, I have little enthusiasm for the DC movie U. Man of Steel sucked and Zack Snyder is the anti-Whedon when it comes to directing. How can the CW get the TV shows so right while the films get it so wrong? Inexplicable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I care enough to hate it, haha. But yeah, Zack Snyder is just terrible, and I don't understand how the films and movies be so different in quality.

      -James

      Delete
  2. He looks very gray. I wonder what he looks like in full color... I guess it doesn't matter though, since the movie will undoubtedly be extremely dark and practically black and white the entire time. Hehehehe. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm biased because it's Jason Momoa and I'm taking how I felt about his other character from GOT and imprinting here PLUS I know nothing about Aquaman (outside of how Family Guy likes to poke fun at him lol) but honestly the poster has at least caught my interest when I had zero before. So. XD

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, something is actually making you interested in DC, now that's saying something. XD

      -James

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...