SEARCH MY BLOG

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Movie Music and More #2


Instead of featuring an obscure track, today's music is from one of the best film scores of all-time, “Concerning Hobbits" by Howard Shore from The Fellowship of the Ring. The track is often known as "The Shire Theme," and it is the perfect encapsulation of everything about the Shire. "Concerning Hobbits" is a personal favorite of both me and my brother, and the track is perfect for creating a calming atmosphere. Every time I listen to the track, it takes me back to the Shire as it evokes the feeling of watching the opening scenes in the Shire. If I were to create a list of Top 10 individual tracks list, "Concerning Hobbits" would undoubtedly make the list, and while it may not be the "best" theme in the LOTR score, it might be my favorite, and it is the one that takes me back to Middle Earth just like Star Wars' main theme takes back into its universe. It is just absolutely beautiful, and I love every minute of it. What is your opinion of "Concerning Hobbits"? Please comment below and let me know. Also, I am planning to mix up this post series with some more obscure music next week, so I hope you will be interested in it.


If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

11 comments:

  1. It's so good like you said! And the overall score is easily one of the best there is. Flat out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely a great theme, like all the music in the Middle-Earth movies, but not a personal favorite cue of mine, or one I would listen to by itself. Probably because I picture the movie in my head as I listen, and this is not a part of the movie I would choose to relive (except when listening to the entire score). Get me to the adventure and excitement. But it embodies the Shire and hobbits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Typically, the more adventurous are my favorite too, but when I think of LOTR's score, this is the first one that comes to mind. Of course the rest of the score is equally amazing; I love every minute of it!

      -James

      Delete
  3. This is my favorite track from the LotR soundtrack! This score, to me, is the musical equivalent to home, gardens, community, and just a feeling of safety. <3 <3 <3 <3 :D

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS SONG! :D After Star Wars, Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit films have my favorite soundtrack. And this song is especially a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOTR is right behind Star Wars for me as well!

      -James

      Delete
  5. I love this track! It's crazy fun to play on the piano too, with all that staccato. I have the beginning of it set to be the ringtone when my husband calls me, because it makes me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello.
    I love Indian music. I always look for Indian hot ringtones to set up a mobile phone. I have a collection of the best free Indian ringtones for you and everyone to refer and install here: https://bestringtonesfree.net/

    Here are the most popular Indian songs:

    Jab Bhi Teri Yaad Aayegi ringtone download
    Kaala BGM ringtone Download
    download Yaar Te Truck ringtone here
    download Ranjhe Wala Love ringtone here
    download Shagna Di Mehndi ringtone here

    Also you can refer and install more hindi and bollywood music here: https://bestringtonesfree.net/bollywood/

    Wish you the best ringtone for your mobile phone. Free ringtones for people around the world. Leave a comment for my collection. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing helpful information, I really like your all post. I will bookmark your blog for future updates. PLease go to site picbear

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...