SEARCH MY BLOG

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Harrison Ford Returns for Blade Runner 2

The upcoming Blade Runner sequel is greenlit with Harrison Ford returning to play Rick Deckard and Denis Villeneuve set to direct. Well, we are getting another Blade Runner movie.... Yeah, honestly, I am really skeptical about this. The original Blade Runner is one of my favorite sci-fi films ever to, and it is the type of film that does not need a sequel! Well, at least a sequel with Ford returning is so much better than a remake. Unfortunately, Ridley Scott is not returning to direct, although French director, Denis Villeneuve's film Incendies, was nominated for Best Foreign Language Film, so maybe he can deliver a quality Blade Runner film. According to reports, Blade Runner 2 is set "several decades" after the original film, and filming will start next year. Considering the ambiguous ending of the original film, maybe it will expand on the possibilities and provide a definitive answer. Also, Harrison Ford coming back gives me more faith in the sequel, although Ford returned for a fourth Indiana Jones and we all know how that turned out.... Regardless, Blade Runner 2 is a sequel that no really wants. Of course, we could all be surprised, but we will just have to wait and see. Please let me know what you think in the comments below! On a side note, for any Blade Runner fans reading this, I highly recommend the series Ergo Proxy, a similarly dark cyberpunk story with well written characters and a plot that you keep you thinking for days after you watch it.

If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

6 comments:

  1. I'd rather they make a remake actually. At least then the original is still the original. Now they're continuing it, so if it's terrible it's still supposed to be part of the story. And I like Harrison Ford, but have no wish to see him reprise this character as an old man... and no Ridley Scott, too? I'm definitely skeptical too. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. As far as I am concerned, whatever happens in this sequel probably will not change my opinion of the first film, much like the Star Wars prequels midichlorians, so I am actually glad that this is not going to be another Total Recall or RoboCop. Obviously though, I am skeptical. :)

      -James

      Delete
  2. The original was brilliant - especially the directors version without the tacked on ending. It ends deliberately ambiguous and that is part of its magic. There's nothing else to add and it feels like a pointless cash in - just like Indy 4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed for sure. I watched the original first and then the "Final Cut" and I got so much more out of it on my second viewing. Well, at least this can't possibly be worse than Indy 4....

      -James

      Delete
  3. I didn't even realize they were making another one, but at least Harrison Ford will be a part of the project. Frankly I have zero interest since I didn't care for the original all that much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this has been rumored for a while, but just now confirmed.

      -James

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...