SEARCH MY BLOG

Friday, February 1, 2013

Clone Wars: Shades of Reason Review.

"Shades of Reason" was all kinds of freaking awesomeness! *Epic Fist Pump* Darth Maul is officially the best thing to happen to the Clone Wars ever and "Shades of Reason" is the best Clone Wars episode of this season. Until later in the review, this will be a spoiler free review.
Shades of Reason continues were Eminence left-off and it more than delivered on the hype. Unless The Clone Wars team do something really stupid with this arc, bringing Darth Maul back from the dead was definitely worth it, because he is the best Star Wars villain since the original trilogy. Savage Opress and Maul are the best duo of evil I have ever seen. Sam Witwer as Darth Maul is absolutely brilliant! He brings a calculating and determined presence to Maul that is perfect. Savage is as brutal as ever dealing some bone crushing blows, both physically and with the Force. The animation is particularly breath taking in "Shades of Reason" featuring, yet again, some of the best and realistic visuals of the series. Although the animation style is present, it looks more realistic and the character animation smoother. Focusing on the villains for two episodes in a row is sheer brilliance! There has not been one Jedi or anyone except Duchess Satine that is considered a "Hero", which is very refreshing. Having the villain as the protagonist is a technique that should be used more often in TV shows, on the other hand, few TV shows have so awesome villains like the Clone Wars does. Pre-Vizsla ,as always, was one bad dude, Jon Favreau (director of Iron Man) does an excellent job in the role. Now time for the spoilers until the final verdict in the "Overall" section of the review.
*Spoilers*
The best part of the episode was definitely the epic final duel between Darth Maul and Pre-Vizsla. It is was one of, if not the best fight scene in The Clone Wars' history. Vizsla using both his black Lightsaber, blasters and other gadgets Vs. Maul's mastery of the Force was amazing. However, the most shocking part of the episode was Pre-Vizsla's surprise beheading by Maul! I could not believe what I was seeing, The Clone Wars team had some serious guts to pull that off. As much as I liked Vizsla and wanted to see more of him, his send-off was more than fitting to one of the Clone Wars' best original characters. I am still in awe at what happened, I expected him to escape somehow but after a valiant fight, he lost. Now Bo-Katan and her clan escaped and obviously are going to be coming back for more. This is another reason why we all love Mandalorians!

Overall: 10/10- "Shades of Reason" reminds me why I love Star Wars and the Clone Wars with the best episode since "Revenge". 

"For Mandalore!"

If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks 4 the cool comment. I have heard that video games do improve hand-eye coordination and increase intelligence. I play them all the time, at least when I'm bored and have done some kind of chore around the house. I love the games that involve driving. So much fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I could bring myself to watch the Maul arc. I've watched the scene where Satine dies, and I actually laughed! It's twisted, I know.
    So, it's recommended?

    By the way, I awarded you: http://tomcatgalau-anginparau.blogspot.com/2013/02/shine-on-award.html

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...