SEARCH MY BLOG

Saturday, July 25, 2015

X-Men: Apocalypse New Pictures

New pictures from X-Men: Apocalypse have been release, and they give us our first good look at the characters. If you do not already know, the film is set in the 80s and will feature Apocalypse as the main antagonist. Below are the pictures with my commentary.
Oscar Isaac will no doubt be a fantastic Apocalypse, and the use of practical makeup is an excellent idea. However, he looks a little strange, but then again, this is a production picture, if I am not mistaken, so the final product will be different. The use of the classic Mohawk look for Storm is a fun idea considering that this is the 80s. Psylocke, one of my favorite, yet underused, characters, and she looks great in the almost 100% comic book accurate attire. The heavy use of purple for all of the characters fits the 80s and Apocalypse theme well.

Cyclops’ appearance is exactly what I would expect, which is great! Hopefully, this time around, he will actually have some personality.

 Eh, I am on the fence about Jean Grey visually, but I am hopeful.
 Now this is perfect! Jubilee looks exactly like the 80s comic and the 90s cartoon version of the character!
 Not much to say other than Fassbender returns! 


For a young Nightcrawler, this is a good look for the character. I hope he is just as entertaining to watch use his powers in this film as he was in X2.
 Is it just me, or does Professor X look a little strange? Otherwise, this is what the Cerebro will look like, and I like it.
At first, the goggles on Quicksilver's head looked like a dumb headband, but now knowing that those are goggles, I can't wait to see more of the character!

What do you think? Please comment below and let me know! And are you excited for this new X-Men film?

Source: IGN.com

If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

5 comments:

  1. Aw, Oscar Isaac doesn't look very much like Oscar Isaac... that's just a little bit disappointing. :P I'm actually really excited for this movie though. What with the cool new super-villain, and I expect Quicksilver won't be so over-powered this time... :) And the 80's! Fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY PRECIOUS NIGHTCRAWLER!!!! Dude, yes. This film....I need it.

    I love the 80's and love their attire and such. Its very fitting. I agree with your commentary though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of the original Cyclops more. But you're right. That one had lacked in personality. I think Apocalypse looks a little weird here. But Psylocke looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool looking pictures! :) This should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited that Jubilee will finally be really featured in one of the movies! I've loved her since the first X-Men comics I read back in the '90s.

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...