SEARCH MY BLOG

Monday, July 13, 2015

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Comic Con Trailer Review/Reaction


Finally, a true Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer is here, and now we have a good idea as to what the film is going to be like. First off, Ben Affleck is shaping up to be an excellent Bruce Wayne, probably better than Christian Bale. I am curious as to what he has been doing since retirement, and how did Superman cause the destruction of Wayne Tower? We will have to wait and see. The Batman parts are great, and they will likely be the best part of the movie. On the other hand, Sndyer and company are going to have to do a lot to make us care about Superman. In fact, the trailer knows that people are going to watch this movie for Batman, not Superman.
Wonder Woman in full costume looks cool. However, I feel that she will be an unnecessary add-on to setup for the Justice League like Black Widow was in Iron Man 2. Also, the movie reminds me of a lot Watchman, visually at least. 

As we see towards the end of the trailer, Kryptonite is going to be a thing. After saying that it does not exist in the films, they decided to include it, and considering that there is no other way to level the playing field against Superman, I am okay with it. On the other hand, "The Red Capes are coming, the Red Capes are coming." is officially, the worst line ever.

Regardless of all the potential problems, this is going to be a fun movie to watch. What do you think? Please comment below and let me know, and check back soon for more Comic Con coverage.

If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

6 comments:

  1. I'm still on the fence about this. The action will be fantastic I'm sure, but the story (I'm guessing) will be extremely straightforward. I guess I'm predicting Batman mad at Superman for the destruction and go to war with him over that, Wonder Woman will be the voice of reason (Captain America style in Avengers) and in the end will teamup to fight Lex or have Batman save the two 'red capes' from Lex. That's just what I'm guessing, not expecting too much. But I'm probably biased since I think the majority of the comic book movies are a waste of money and talent haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only take-away from the trailer is that it's curious Cavill didn't have a single line of dialogue in the whole thing. He just struck poses. Maybe because the production realizes he can't act but looks very nice and want to downplay his lack of talent. And as for the "Red Capes" line being bad, I think it has to do w/Eisenberg, who looks like he's going to do his usual schtick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this could be a cool movie, even if it's not as good as Marvel's films. I'll definitely watch it since it seems exciting and I want to see what happens (and it has Wonder Woman in it- though I have a feeling it will be like you said and they just added her in there and she won't have much of a point; I hope she does though).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though I believe I'm going to have fun seeing this, it bothers me how obvious it is that this is really another batman movie....Wasn't it originally supposed to be a superman sequel? They need to get over batman already for a long while...Worried about wonder woman being shoehorned in? Makes sense to me, but how many of you remember that aquaman, flash, and that other character cyborg have also been cast to appear in this one? If all 3 appear before the credits start then wonder woman's inclusion alone won't be the real problem...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This trailer really cleared some things up for me (especially seeing that the fight between Superman and Zod destroyed part of Bruce Wayne's empire. I think the whole "Superman on trial" aspect will be cool and I think the film might have the potential to make "Man of Steel" a much better film retroactively.

    I'm still not sold on Eisenberg though but that's probably because I just don't like him very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty excited about it, have to agree with you about The Red Capes line, just silly.....

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...