SEARCH MY BLOG

Monday, July 7, 2014

X-Men: Days of Future Past First Impression

After too many complications to count preventing me from seeing X-Men: Days of Future Past, I finally got to see it and oh my, it was most definitely worth the wait. If you are not aware, I am a big X-Men fan. The first X-Men movie back in 2000 was the first comic book film I watched in theaters and I have been a comic book and X-Men fan ever since. Ever since hearing that Days of Future Past was going to be adapted into a film, my expectations were high, almost on par with my expectations for The Avengers, and the old Days of Future Past story is my favorite Silver-Age comic book storyline from any franchise. In addition to all that, time-travel stories are my favorite, so it is safe to say that I was beyond excited. While my full review for the film will be coming tomorrow, let me say that you should go see it in theaters if you have the opportunity. However, be sure that you remember what haloppened in the previous X-Men films because that is important. As for my moviegoing experience, it actually was better than usual. Even though there were more people in the theater than I have seen in a long time, thankfully there were no children! And, aside from some popcorn munching, everyone was relatively quiet! I was able to lose myself in the film's captivating story; it was great! Later this week, I will also be reviewing the recently released Chris Evans film Snowpiercer, so be sure to look for that on Wednesday.
While you wait for my review of X-Men: Days of Future Past, you can check out these other great reviews, and if you decide to comment, please let them know that James sent you (that sounded kind of cheesy, haha). If you have a review, please let me know in the comments so I can check it out. Hopefully I can post comments on y'all's reviews soon.
X-Men: Days of Future Past Review by Jordan
X-Men: Days of Future Past Review by Sarah

8 comments:

  1. HOORAY! I'm so glad you finally got to see this. I've seen it twice now, and am still trying to create a coherent review of it. I long to see it one more time in the theater, but showtimes just are not cooperating, so it might not happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to see it again myself! Sometimes though, coherent reviews are just not possible. :)

      -James

      Delete
  2. Its easily one of my favorites. Any scene set in the 'Future' blew my mind, it was just so bleak and intense the whole time. It was rough watching a bunch of (essentially Nimrods) fighting off all the Mutants! Fantastic movie, can't wait for Apocalypse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Those future scenes were so brutal and dark, it was hard almost hard to watch.

      -James

      Delete
  3. Glad you finally got to see the movie and that you enjoyed it. :) I also love the X-Men movies I've seen and this one looks awesome! Looking forward to your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After you catch up on the X-Men films, I you should most definitely watch this movie, it is the best in the series. :D

      -James

      Delete
  4. YAY! So glad you didn't die instead! :P Looking forward to your review tomorrow; I'm glad it lived up the hype for you, too. :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...