SEARCH MY BLOG

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sherlock Season 3 Ep. 1 Reaction

Yes, I watched the highly anticipated Season 3 of Sherlock! And it was fantastic! While the episode was not entirely perfect, but it was most certainly worth the two year wait. To be clear, this is a non-spoiler reaction to the episode. If you have not seen the episode, you are safe from spoilers. You may be asking how an American like myself managed to watch the episode, and that question be answered shortly along with how you can also watch the episode. As for "The Empty Hearse," it was so much fun! I have not had such an entertaining time watching a television show since The Day of the Doctor back in November; it was that good. However, despite how fun the episode was, there was one minor flaw: the mystery, which was mostly a side story this time with the main story being John and Sherlock's reunion. As expected, we are also introduced to John's fiance Mary Morstan played very well by Amanda Abbington, who is Martin Freeman's real-life wife. But the real stars of this episode is easily Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. They were fantastic to say the least. Not only were they excellent, the writing of the banter between Sherlock and John must be commended. The early part of the was positively hilarious! There was so much fan-service and meta-humor throughout the episode. Overall, the episode was a welcome return to one of the best shows ever made. My full spoiler review detailing exactly what the minor flaw was as well as the other plot details, will be coming sometime in the future when I am certain that most of you have seen the episode. If you live in a country that has not aired season three of Sherlock yet, you can watch "The Empty Hearse" as well as the other episodes by clicking here on this link. Go to the site at your own risk, however it worked for me and the video quality is full 720p. Additionally, I am not entirely sure if the is technically pirated or not. Also, do not forget to check back tomorrow for the Iron Man 3 giveaway!



If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

20 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the episode! :D I also saw it, and I agree, it's a really good episode(though I do agree on the mystery, it was a little less focused than some of the others). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot fun, even if the mystery was not the focus. I can't wait to see the next episode!

      -James

      Delete
  2. James, don't SCARE me like that! If you say it's as good as The Day of The Doctor, then I'm probably going to hate The Empty Hearse (not good for someone who just finished Season One)!

    I've heard from others who agree w/you that the mystery was secondary, but I'm finding Sherlock to be LESS about the mysteries and MORE about Sherlock & John. That's OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, The Empty Hearse makes more sense logically than The Day of the Doctor and it is not trying to pay homage to 50 years of a franchise, so watch it knowing the episode is there to resolve the ending of the previous season. Also, the episodes acts as though you have also been waiting two years like myself and most others that watched the show when it started. There is also a ton of fan-service.
      Just expect a character story rather than a mystery for the episode and you shouldn't hate it.

      -James

      Delete
  3. How was it in regards to objectionable content? Normally we watch Sherlock on clearplay, but I'm so impatient I don't know if I can wait until it comes out on DVD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me think... From what I remember, there is very little suggestive content compared to the other episodes. There are a few homosexual references that are intended as a joke about Sherlock and John, but nothing is shown and it completely dispels the idea. There is not much profanity, at least nothing strong that I remember. Overall, it was one of the cleaner episodes of the series. Hopefully that helped and if you have more questions, please feel free to ask!

      -James

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Lucky you! Not sure if I'm brave enough to try the site, but if I get desperate, it's good to know it's there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thus far, several of my friends and family have used the site, but taking precautions is always a good idea. :)

      Delete
  5. This episode was so brilliant and fantastic and amazing; I just loved it. I liked that the relational aspect of the characters took a front seat in this episode and I think it was what was most needed considering the two year break and what happened last time. I really liked Mary, I liked seeing Molly again even though I do not ship her with Sherlock and Martin Freeman really really stood out to me this time around; his expressions and acting moved me deeply. Benedict was as fantastic as ever, too, I loved seeing him return as Sherlock, it was like he hadn't had a two year break from playing the character at all! Such a fantastic continuation of my favorite show!!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was everything that I could have wanted, except for a slightly better mystery! :D I also liked Mary, she was a surprising good character and look forward to seeing more of the character in the next episode. I know, Freeman was so much better than he was before, his was absolutely perfect!

      -James

      Delete
  6. i will have to try this show it looks great although this may or may not change my mind i think Basil rathbone is the best holmes ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should most certainly watch Sherlock soon; it is fantastic. Rathbone was an excellent Sherlock, and although he is not my personal favorite, I have to give him some major credit.

      -James

      Delete
  7. I saw the first episode last week and thought it was awesome! I really enjoyed it! The banter between Sherlock and John was awesome. We were laughing all the way through the reunion between them,. I really loved Mary, she is a great new character! :D
    I also saw the rest of the second episode last night, which was great as well. I can't wait for the last episode 'His Last Vow' as he says something at the end that makes it sound like it will be a great episode.

    God Bless,
    Vellvin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the banter was beyond perfect! :D I honestly couldn't stop laughing either, it was SO funny!
      I can't wait to see the next episode. Hopefully I can watch it tonight! :)

      -James

      Delete
  8. God bless you for that link! Thanks James!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're welcome! I take it you have watched Sherlock now, which is awesome!

      -James

      Delete
  9. So glad you liked it! I can't wait to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the episode as much as I did! :)

      -James

      Delete
  10. whoops! I accidentally commented while my mom was still signed in ;)

    Thanks! I think we might watch it tonight :)

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...