SEARCH MY BLOG

Friday, January 17, 2014

Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug Reaction

I finally watched The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug! After more setbacks that kept me from seeing the movie than I can count, I am officially the last person on planet Earth to watch the Desolation of Smaug I have to say that it was awesome! The Desolation of Smaug was significantly better than An Unexpected Journey with a darker tone, more action, and being all around amazing. My full review will hopefully be up by Monday, but this is just my first reaction of the awesomeness that was Smaug. Seeing so much Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman with season three of Sherlock and now with the Hobbit, is just great. However, I could not help but see a lot of Watson in Bilbo for the first part of the movie. I did get to see the movie in IMAX 3D and it was totally worth going out of town to watch the movie in IMAX. And did anyone else notice Peter Jackson reprising his role as the carrot eating guy in Bree in the very first scene of the film? That was a nice callback for fans. Basically, if you have not seen the movie, go watch it now if you can still find it in theaters! Also, if you have written a review for the movie please let me know so that I go check it out. I have been avoiding a lot of reviews, especially spoiler filled ones, since I was not able to see the movie until now, but I want to catch up on reading them.
Yes, I know the poster is in Spanish, but it looks awesome.


If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

7 comments:

  1. So glad you liked it! :) I bet it was awesome in IMAX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you also enjoyed the movie!!! :D I agree, it was a very awesome film and I enjoyed getting to see Middle Earth again! I know what you mean about seeing Watson in Bilbo a lot, I kind of was too at certain points.
    Looking forward to your review :) (I wrote one a while back).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upon review, the worst problem w/ it was the motion-sickness camera angles, with all that straight up straight down and shaky-cam going on. Also, in my hometown theater the cgi stuck out so badly it was painful. But otherwise it was fun. Looking forward to the EE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED the carrot-chomping cameo! So funny. And I thought Smaug was amazing. I loved Bard. Beorn was cool, though not how I'd imagined him. I loved Tauriel. It was nice to see Legolas again, though his makeup felt a bit weird. And Thranduil was crazy cool!

    I never actually blogged about it. Ran out of time, as it was Christmas and stuff. When I see it again on DVD, I'll probably do a post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got so excited when I saw PJ with his carrot. And I've got to agree, Bilbo and Watson remind me a lot of each other.
    I did a review a little back. Here's the link: http://anirishmaideninaust.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/the-desolation-of-movie-theatre.html
    TABA will be awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds so good since everyone seems to like it better than the first Hobbit movie, so I'm looking forward to seeing! :D There's always a need for more Benedict and Martin in my film diet! ;)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, you finally saw it!! It was truly an amazing movie, even if they didn't follow the book 100%. It reminded me so much more of the first three than An Unexpected Journey. Instant classic in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...