SEARCH MY BLOG

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Doctor Who Season 8 Details

New details for the upcoming Doctor Who have been revealed. Season (or series if you're British) 8 will begin filming tomorrow and the directors and writers of the first six have been confirmed. Above is a video from Emergency Awesome that discusses the details of the upcoming season. While I plan to write an entire post that details what I want to see in the next season, including things like less galaxy altering plots and more smaller standalone stories like "Blink." Season 8 will premier in either late August or early September and there will be no mid-season break. Unfortunately, Vastra, Jenny and Strax will be included in the first episode of the new season, which sucks because I cannot stand Vastra, although Strax is funny. Please, no more! In addition, my other hope is that River Song will not return. The last time we saw her, it appeared as though it was her last time and it was a fitting end. My other concern is that the crew only has the first six episodes actually written, which is unsettling because that could lead to an unfocused direction for the entire season. Note that the first half of the video is actually what has been confirmed to true and the second half is the host's predictions, which I disagree with on several points. On a side note, on Wednesday, I will host a giveaway for a copy of Iron Man 3!

Unofficial Poster




If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

10 comments:

  1. I heard filming was supposed to start this month, but I had no idea they were starting so soon.
    I was hoping that Twelve's first episode would have the Posternoster Gang in it, if only for a familiar face besides Clara doing the usual chaos of after-effects of a regeneration. (Slight Spoilers Ahead, though it's a rumor), I heard a rumor that said the Daleks would be involved and it'd be a two parter for the first two episodes. I'm kind of hoping that's not true, as we've just seen the Daleks.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your hopes for the new Doctor!

    P.S.
    Did you get to see Revenge of the Myth last night?

    -Tegan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daleks, that could be cool, but I agree, we need a new villain or monster for the Doctor to fight. Thanks!

      Yes I did and it was great! Unfortunately I have not found the episode online yet.

      -James

      Delete
  2. Great video! I also heard that filming was going to start soon and I think I saw something about the first episode being a two-parter that would have the daleks in them. I agree, I'm getting ready for the three(Vastra, Jenny, and Strax) to not be on the show as much, since I think it's some for some new people. I also hope River Song doesn't come back this season, since I'm not into her character anymore.
    Looking forward to seeing Peter Capaldi's Doctor! :D Hopefully we can see promo images or trailers soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A two-parter could be good. I agree, we really need less of those characters. I also agree about River. I liked her earlier in the series but she is really starting to wear my patient thin ever since the Wedding of River Song episode.
      Yes! We need some trailer, although those probably will not be released for quite some time since they are just starting filming today.

      -James

      Delete
  3. It is rather alarming that they have only written six episodes! Good heavens!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They really need to make sure everything makes at least some sense.

      -Jame

      Delete
  4. I've always disliked the same-sex bestiality team of Vastra & Jenny as they become the focus of the story instead of the Doctor, and my antipathy towards River Song (to say the least) is pretty well established.

    I'm giving Capaldi a chance but I hope they dump Vastra/Jenny/Drax and especially River. They're barnacles on the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on that! Vastra & Jenny need to go, I cannot bear seeing those characters again. And even though I like River's much more than you, I completely agree that she needs to go as well.

      -James

      Delete
  5. I don't mind River Song, but Vastra/Jenny...sigh. Yes, tired of them. Strax is pretty funny, though. I really hope that this season is less universe-chaotic than most of Eleven's episodes were. And I also hope they don't get rid of Clara! I'm not ready for a new companion yet, and I really like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like River, but I just think we have seen too much of her character lately. Agreed, Strax is funny, but I hate Vastra/Jenny. I agree, Clara needs to stay. She is such a great companion! Thanks for dropping by Hayden!

      -James

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...