SEARCH MY BLOG

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Star Wars The Clone Wars Revenge Review.

Thoughts: While I did not have really high expectation, I did expect it to be a great episode. And it was freaking awesome! I was almost expecting this to be disappointing but it was not. It is possible that this is one of the best The Clone Wars episode or at least the best episode since "Carnage of Krell" and "Witches of the Mist" in Season 3. This episode should have been named "Revenge of the Phantom Menace" becasue Maul is coming back. Also I have been rating the last few episodes far too highly; therefore I have changed the score of last week's episode from a 10 to an 8.8. "Revenge" had everything you could possibly ask for in an episode, darker tone, best lightsaber battles, superb voice acting, great dialogue and Obi-Wan and Ventress teaming up. Also in my defense IGN.com, which is a professional reviewing website, gave this episode a 9.5/10 and said that it is one of if not the best of the series. The episode did not feel rushed and left us with a cliffhanger ending. One of the things I found odd was that Savage referred to Obi-Wan as "Ben Kenobi". I am not sure why he would refer to him like that. Also after Talzin gave Maul his sanity back he was really awesome and evil. The scene with Ventress in the cantina was another nice touch. Even Yoda's scene had meaning and was not there just to have him in the episode. Obi-Wan's sarcastic lines were "You know, when I cut you in half, I should have aimed at your neck instead," and "Red's not my color". That is exactly what I would have thought that Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan would have said. The animation was fantastic in the episode. The Lightsaber battle was the best there has been in The Clone Wars and there was a good combination of Lightsaber and brief use of unarmed combat by Ventress. Also I was expecting Obi-Wan to kill Maul but the fortunately he did not and it was left open for his return in Season 5.


The Good: Best Lightsaber battle ever, Darker tone, Superb voice acting, Great dialogue, Cliffhanger ending,



The Bad:






Plot: 10/10- That was not a second that was wasted during this episode. Everything scene added to the overall story and characters.

Action: 10/10- Wow! This episode had easily the best action ever in The Clone Wars. The Lightsaber battle was epic! Even the background music added to battle.

Acting: 10/10- While not as close to the original Darth Maul as James Arnold Taylor as Obi-Wan. Sam Witwer really knocked it out of the ball park with his performance as Darth Maul.

Art Style: 10/10- The animation has never been better.

Overall: 10/10- Revenge is easily the best of this story arc and ended The Clone Wars with a bang.

Closing Comments: After a somewhat dissapointing last episode I am glad that "Revenge" really stepped up.


Check back sometime soon when I rank the best and worst episode of season 4.
Click on the link below for some second opinions of this episode. If you have reviewed it leave a comment and let us know so I add the link to it below. I would appreciate if you would do the same.

Revenge Review by Savanna
Revenge Review by Solace Utara
Clone Wars Review: Revenge by Jedi~Chick
"Revenge" Review by Shena Tokala

4 comments:

  1. Great review! Glad you enjoyed the episode :D. My opinion of this episode is a bit complicated. Here is my review of the episode; I also put your review in my post as a link :)
    http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/2012/03/revenge-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing my link! :D I'm glad you enjoyed it :D I did see some flaws... but I liked it almost as much as you did :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shena Tokala: Thanks! I added a link to your at the end of mine. :)

    @Solace Utara: No problem. :)

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bets episode of the series IMO.

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...