SEARCH MY BLOG

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Maleficent Trailer

The first trailer for the upcoming Maleficent film is here. The film is about the villain from the Sleeping Beauty, Maleficent, played by Angelina Jolie. My first impression of the Maleficent is that it looks OK, nothing special, but I like the visual style. However, I see nothing original or unique in the trailer that sets it apart from other modern fairy tail renditions like Snow White and the Huntsman. Jolie is usually a good actress and I am sure she will do well in the film. While I am sure that I have Sleeping Beauty when I was a child, I do not remember much of it, but I do know the basic plot and that Maleficent is a prequel. Even though Elle Fanning's dialogue as Sleeping Beauty was very stilted, she is one of the best young actresses around as far as I am concerned, especially after seeing her in Super 8. The only other thing to mention is that the new Doctor, Peter Capaldi, will be playing a character named King Kinloch. What did you think of the trailer? Please comment below.


If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of Jolie, but I bet this is a good role for her. I didn't really care at all about this movie until I saw Elle Fanning in the trailer! She's a great actress -- simply amazing in Super 8. And Capaldi is in it too? Yep, I'm interested now. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't like or dislike Jolie, although I have yet to see her in a role that truly impressed me. She was so good in Super 8, I am glad to see her in more mainstream films. :)

      -James

      Delete
  2. I'm actually pretty excited about this, but of course, I am a huge fan of fantasy. It did remind me of Snow White and the Huntsman which was a movie that was kind of a let-down for me. I hope that they throw something original in there. Elle Fanning is excellent. I loved her in Super 8 too so I'm looking forward to seeing how she does in this...hopefully she will only be stilted at that one part :)

    Oooh, Peter Capaldi is in it too? Yippee! Have you seen the six-minute prequel for The Day of the Doctor? It was pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fantasy as well, but the fantasy genre has been kind of weak recently with the exception of the Hobbit and Thor, if that counts. Snow White and the Huntsman left me kind of indifferent. I neither loved or hated the movie, it was just OK. I hope so too, because Fanning is such a fantastic young actress.

      Not yet, I suppose I need to do so know!

      -James

      Delete
  3. I've read a lot of raves about this before I watched the trailer. Personally it didn't do much for me, felt a bit too much like Snow White and the Huntsman. Doesn't help I've never much cared for Jolie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I have heard a ton of hype but trailer looks so much like Snow White and the Huntsman. I have never seen Jolie in a movie that I would consider "great," and in general though, Jolie has never impressed me.

      -James

      Delete
  4. The visuals are awesome, and I love the costumes. Maleficent herself looks perfect! I don't care for the trailer though, it did seem rather stilted; maybe I just don't like the style as much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angelina Jolie is very acceptable for the role of Maleficent, hope that now she would better than the animated version. Now I must watch Sleeping Beauty and probably look at up this great Disney Classic :)

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...