SEARCH MY BLOG

Friday, November 29, 2013

Doctor Who Owns the Box Office!

Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary special, The Day of the Doctor, made a staggering $4.8 million at the U.S. box office! Even in its limited release of 660 theaters, the Day of the Doctor ranked second at the box office between Catching Fire on Monday, which is quite an achievement. Doctor Who has never been more popular and seeing it performance at the box office is a "Fantastic!" sign for the continuing future of the franchise. Additionally, the Day of the Doctor racked up $204,000 in the U.S. box office and $2.9 million on limited Saturday screenings, which isn't too shabby either. Unfortunately, the Day of the Doctor was not shown in a theater anywhere close to where I live, and I am not even sure if it was shown outside of Atlanta in my home state. What are your thoughts on the Day of the Doctor's success? Please comment below and check back next week for my full spoilery review of the episode.




If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! I had no idea it had done so well in the Box Office, as you said, that's Fantastic! It wasn't anywhere near my hometown either, so we watched it on the computer. Can't wait to see your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anyone expected it to do so well!

      -James

      Delete
  2. Awesome!! :D Glad to hear it's did well! :D I wasn't able to see it in theaters, but I did get to watch it! :D I'll say more on your in-depth review, but the episode was amazing!! :D Loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea it was in theaters, back then it was on at TV not at the big screen. :O Unbelievable :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if it was in theaters in Australia though, although it probably should have been.

      -James

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...