SEARCH MY BLOG

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Doctor Who: Day of the Doctor First Impressions

The long awaited Day of the Doctor 50th Anniversary special of Doctor Who. Did it deliver what we were promised? 
Since not everyone has seen the Day of the Doctor yet, this will be spoiler free. However, in a full review I will discuss the episode in detail.
First impression: WOW! Just wow, Day of the Doctor completely blew me away! It was entirely different than what I had expected and even better than I had expected. David Tennant is back and better than ever. He reminded me how much I still miss seeing him as the Doctor and his back and forth dialogue exchange with Smith was positively brilliant! Why can't Tennant return!? The episode had a few very minor flaws, but overall, it is everything that I could have ever asked for and then some. The episode was chock full of references and Easter Eggs to both Classic and NuWho. The cameos were great and I just loved the episode. The Day of the Doctor has some almost movie quality effects, which are superior to just about everything we have seen previously on the series. John Hurt's Doctor was fantastic! I almost wish we was the new Doctor. Some time in the next two weeks, I will probably have a full review with spoilers, so check back for that. 
Have you seen the episode? If so, please tell me what you think!



If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

9 comments:

  1. just wondering if i was to try dr who should start from the begining or pick up on the latest

    ReplyDelete
  2. My review is on my blog - theblogofdelights.blogspot.com - if you fancy a read. Full of spoilers though - be careful! Daniel, if you want to watch Who, you can start with the 2005 reboot Rose onwards, or sample some of the classic run. I'd recommend Terror of the Zygons, Pyramids of Mars, Spearhead From Space and Tomb of the Cybermen. If you have less time, the Matt Smith era starts with Series 5 and is mostly self contained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will go and read your review soon, thanks for the link GK.

      -James

      Delete
  3. its just i'v got to make sure and pick a good one because i dont exactaly watch anything by myself so everybody has to agree its good or at least the majority of my brothers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 2005 reboot of the series is definitely the best place to start. Start with episode, "Rose," first and then watch all seven seasons. The old series can be good, but if you are not a fan of old sci-fi, you may dislike it due to the cheesiness.

      -James

      Delete
  4. You bet, I've gotta see Doctor Who and it's classic episodes before they all go away and forgotten in TV. The special is very exceptional with David Tennant back as the tenth no one's going to replace him, eh! Just make sure you have a review of the Day of the Doctor and please mention about the cameo of Tom Baker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Tennant was great to see again!
      *Spoilers*
      I will most certainly mention Baker's cameo. That was fantastic!

      -James

      Delete
  5. Glad you enjoyed the episode! :D I haven't seen the episode yet(my Nana taped it and is going to bring it to me on Thursday) but I hope I enjoy it too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the episode as much as I did! :D

      -James

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...