SEARCH MY BLOG

Friday, January 25, 2013

Star Wars: Ep. 7 Director is J.J. Abrams!

Breaking news, J. J. Abrams is announced to direct the next Star Wars film! Although the Disney has not officially confirmed this, it comes a reliable source. The crazy part is that he earlier denied that he had interest in the job and even crazier is that he is the director of the recent Star Trek movies! Not only did he director the 2009 Star Trek, he directed the up-coming Star Trek: Into Darkness. The same guy is directing both Star Wars and Star Trek, that will cause a rip in the time-space-continuum! (that was a joke) Despite this, I believe he is an excellent choice and will bring Star Wars back to its former glory. Also Abrams took many aspects from Star Wars when he made the recent Star Trek, which made it more Star Wars, than Trek. Abrams has even said that Star Wars is one of his favorite and most influential films on his career. I believe that this choice of Abrams is on par with Joss Whedon directing the Avengers, he is fan, he loves these characters, I do not think he will fail us or the wrath of Darth Vader and millions of fans will be upon him. Den Affleck, Brad Bird (The Incredibles, MI 4: Ghost Protocol) and David Fincher (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) were up for the role as well. The Force is strong with Abrams, he will not fail us. What is your opinion of this news? Please comment below.
Other films J.J. Abrams movies Abrams has directed are: Mission Impossible 3, Super 8., and produced many TV series including some of my favorites: Fringe, and Person of Interest. Another famous TV show Abrams produced Lost, which I have not seen.
If you have not read my previous reviews, please click on the links below and check back tomorrow for the review of last week's Clone Wars episode and "Name That Soundtrack".
 
 
 
 
If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm, that would actually work very well! :) He already knows how to direct good science fiction so, as long as he keeps the EU in mind and doesn't disregard it, I think everything will go well :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprisingly, I feel good about this director; I loved Super 8 to death (the edited version anyway) and I think he's a good director. So, I actually feel okay with this. :) I am glad he is a fan, that will certainly help!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This should be interesting.
    Hmmm.
    I do love Lost though! He did great with that. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad will be impressed because he was always on the fence between siding with Star Wars or Star Trek :)

    Super 8 was a great movie (the only J. J. Abrams I've seen). While he wasn't my first choice, I think he will do a great job. Let's hope he knows what he's doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great... **note to self: do not tell dad this news**...yeah, he likes Star Trek, and we're always arguing about it... :P
    I would say that this is TERRIBLE news, but, I hate to admit it, when I went to see the Hobbit, the trailer for the new Star Trek movie actually looked pretty interesting....until i realised what it was that is...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't really think that J.J. Abrams could do the job of handling Star Wars: Episode VII. He has directed the Star Trek movie and I might find that he is not the perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I first heard of it, I don't exactly know what to think. But now I think he might be interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Shena Tokala: I agree, and I hope he likes the EU since he is a fan.

    @Jamie: I figured you would like the choice, since I knew how much you loved Super 8. :)

    @Sith Photographer: My friend really liked Lost, maybe I should watch it.

    @Cad Bane/Stillwater: My father is like that as well. :)

    Glad you also liked Super 8, I recommend that you watch Abrams' Star Trek, it was a lot of fun.

    @Padme Arya: lol As much as you hate Star Trek, I would recommend you keep an open mind and watch Abrams' Star Trek. :)

    @Filmgurulad: What would be your prefered choice? I would be very interested in hearing your opinion.

    @Solace Utara: I couldn't really think of many better choices, I do believe the Force will be with him. :)

    -James

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...