SEARCH MY BLOG

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2013 Movie Preview Part 3.

Here is the final part of my 2013 Movie Preview featuring films from July to the end of the year. If everything works correctly the Q & A will be uploaded and posted tomorrow. So please be sure to check it out and comment.
July


The Lone Ranger

After this recent trailer I am excited to what the creators of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise has in store for the Lone Ranger. Disney really needs another Cruse of the Black Pear type movie since the Pirates sequels have been less than stellar and with Johnny Depp playing the Lone Ranger's sidekick Tonto it should have great action and humor.


Pacific Rim

Monster, giant robots, and Guillermo Del Toro, I'm game. Pacific Rim's trailer looks awesome, it could be a good smart version of Transformers. But what makes me more excited is that GLaDOS (voiced by Ellen McLain) from the Portal video games, who's voice is in the trailer. Although she will not be playing the character GLaDOS, the film uses the exact same sounding voice.


The Wolverine
After Wolverine's previous X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie turned out to be an awful excuse for a film. Completely ruining characters and destroying continuity. Since The Wolverine is surprisingly set after the X-Men 3: The Last Stand and will be set in Japan. Taking the concept from his journey through Japan is a great 





R.I.P.D
There is not much information about R.I.P.D other than it is based on a comic book and star Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges. Here is the plot summery. "A recently slain young cop joins a team of undead police officers working for the Rest In Peace Department and tries to find the man who murdered him."


August

300: Rise of An Empire
300: Rise of An Empire is the prequel to Zack Snyder's overrated stylish dumb action movie. The first one had some great action yet it completely lacked story, acting, logic, and anything that made sense. After last year's mediocre "Immortals", I am not expecting great things.


Red 2
The first Red was an underrated action comedy based on a comic book of the same. It appears that Bruce Willis will not be returning to the film, however I am looking forward to seeing Red 2.





September

Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones 3D
The next 3D Star Wars movie to be re-released in 3D. Although I have no intention of seeing it in theaters due to the ridiculous pricing, I hope it will do good enough to have the Original Trilogy released in 3D.



October

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith 3D
Finally, we are getting to the really good Star Wars movies. Again, I doubt that I will be seeing it in theaters, but the action scenes in Revenge of the Sith are far above the prequels and should provide some good 3D.



November

Ender's Game
Ender's Game is based on a popular young-adult novel staring Harrison Ford, Ben Kingsley and Asa Butterfield. Considering the film's top notch cast, Ender's Game could be what the Hunger Games should have been. I do not know much about Ender's Game beyond that, has anyone read the books? 



Thor: The Dark Worlds
After the next The Desolation of Smaug, Thor: The Dark World is my most anticipated of this year. The early set pictures look great and it appears that it will have a darker, more Lord of the Rings tone. Hopefully a trailer will be release soon. Definitely going to watch this in theaters next year.



The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
The first Hunger Games mostly appealed to those who read the book, and the female audience. Hopefully with the new director, it might actually have some decent camera work and not an over use of shaky-cam. From what I know of Catching Fire, it will feature former competitors of the Hunger Games returning for another Hunger Games, which means that there will not be any kids thus should be able to show action like any other movie. Also the acting should be better.




December





Jack Ryan
Jack Ryan is the main character in the Tom Clancy book series, who was played by Alec Baldwin in the Hunt for Red October, Harrison Ford in Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger and by Ben Affleck in The Sum of All Fears. I have seen the Hunt for Red October and Patriot Games, which were good movies and Chris Pine should do well in the role. There is little know about the movie at this time but I am will update about it.


The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Last but certinly not least, The Desolation of Smaug is the second chapter in Peter Jackson's epic Hobbit trilogy. Hands-down my most anticipated film of 2013, the Hobbit sequel will feature Mirkwood Forest and obviously Smaug. Although I try not to know much about the book because of spoilers, I am not sure how they will battle Smaug in the second movie when there is still a third part of the trilogy. According to the casting list Andy Serkis is said to be in the film, which would mean Gollum will be in the film again or it is just misinformation.



If you want to contact us or have any question please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

8 comments:

  1. Almost all the good movies are coming out at the end of the year!
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is definitely my most looked forward to film of the year as well! :D It's going to be awesome! I'm, of course, also looking forward to ROTS and AOTC in 3D and Thor 2 since ROTS is my favorite Star Wars film and Thor is my favorite Avenger.
    I LOVED the Ender's Game novel(and the second book of the series) and I know it will be a good story and one you will probably like :). I also think Catching Fire will be better than the first film since the second book was a whole lot better than the first one(Catching Fire was my favorite of the trilogy). :D
    And I agree, The Lone Ranger looks good and should make for an exciting, funny film(especially with Johnny Depp)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ender's Game is set in a future where the entire world is divided into three supercontinental territories. Totalitarian government is everywhere, including in the U.S. The governments are looking for geniuses and sending them up to a space station called Battle School. Said geniuses are preferably only 6 yrs old. I'll stop there and just add that it was fun read, aside from the proliferation of crude slang

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to The Wolverine.

    Hopefully it will make us forget the existence of the previous movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested to see The Lone Ranger since the old Lone Ranger show was practically mine and Kayla's first serial TV show that ultimate put us on our large movie journey that eventually led us to Captain America, ect.

    I want to see all the Star Wars movies on the big screen so I will probably set aside some money to go see both in 3D when they come out, even Ep II which I really dislike. :P

    THOR 2 OMG I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE MORE OF LOKI AND THOR AND LOKI AND LOKI AND MORE LOKI, GAH, WHY HAVEN'T THEY RELEASED A TRAILER YET.

    Considering I liked the Hunger Games, I want to see Catching Fire but I don't know if it will be a theater ordeal or not...

    Wow, so many good movies coming out this year; it makes up for the long wait for Captain America: The Winter soldier and The Amazing Spider-Man 2!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really looking forward to: The Wolverine, Red 2 (Loved the first one), Ender's Game (The book was awesome by the way and I think Butterfield will nail Ender), Thor 2, Catching Fire ( I thought they did an excellent job with the first movie and I'd much rather have a who will stick to the source material, even if it did just appeal to those who had read the book.;)), and of course The Hobbit. This looks like it's going to be a good year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited, as you could tell by my 2013 post! I will need to read Ender's Game apparently!

    Just a note, your blog would be some much better to read if you would check spelling and grammar before posting. I probably notice it more than others, but fragments are just terrible to try to understand. Hope my suggestion makes your blog even better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Shena Tokala: I agree, the later part of the year looks awesome. :) Good, I've heard very little about Ender's Game until recently, hopefully it will be as good as the book. Same for Catching Fire. :)

    @JT: Thank you for the long explation. I knew very will of that but it sounds interesting.

    @B2B: Agreed, at least its not another prequel....

    @Jamie: Cool! :D I watched most of the Lone Ranger episodes when I was a kid too.
    The main reason I'm not going to see AOTC in 3D is thatI rather see Man of Steel or Iron Man 3, than AOTC for 15th time so.....

    From what I have read Loki will be in a minor background in Thor 2 not sure if we will be in it much. :/

    Glad you enjoyed the Hunger Games, it just didn't do it for me.

    @Jake P: Good, another Red fan! Hopefully they can find a good balance between book being book acurate and good film making. :) It will be hard to top last year but 2013 certinly looks great.

    @billyBobjoe: I usually do it, however I was short on time when it was time to post this. Thank you for the constructive criticism, its always welcome.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup. :) Red rocks. Retired Extremely Dangerous. :)

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...