SEARCH MY BLOG

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Trivia and Links!

Congratulations Jamie at Through Two Blue Eyes and Rex's Girl at Fangirl On The Farm, and In the Depths of Gotham, for being the first to answer some of the trivia questions correctly. I moved trivia from Friday to today becasue I have a special Star Wars post planned for tomorrow. Now here are today's trivia questions.
 
What planet was Han Solo born on?
 
Name the movie and character that this quote is from:
"Freedom. Freedom is life's great lie. Once you accept that, in your heart... "
 
Name the movie and character that this quote is from:
"It's my mother's, it's powerful but it's... not the same. It doesn't quite... understand me, know what I mean?"
 
Here are two quotes from the same movie but they are not in the same scene:
"You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
 
 
Before I continue with last week's answers here are two link to some great posts about current film making and Thor: The Dark World by Alexandra Lanc at Words of the Worlds. I would highly recommend checking them out.
 
 
 
Last Week's Answers


Name the movie and character that this quote is from:
"A black cat went past us, and then another that looked just like it."
Answer: The Matrix, Neo

Name the movie and character that this quote is from:
"Your subconscious is looking for the dreamer; me. Quick, give me a kiss."
Answer: Inception, Aurthur
 
 
Name the movie and character that this quote is from:
"Uh, no, I'm afraid not. But, you have me at a loss. You know my name but who are you? Just another American who saw too many movies as a child? Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he's John Wayne? Rambo? Marshal Dillon?"
Answer: Die Hard, Hans Gruber

Name the movie and character that this quote is from:
"We are gathered here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. But it should be noted that this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human."
Answer: Star Trek 2: The Wrath of the Khan, Captain Kirk
 
 
Name the movie and character that this quote is from:
See, I'm a man of simple tastes. I enjoy dynamite, and gunpowder, and... gasoline!"
Answer: The Joker, The Dark Knight

Name the movie and character that this quote is from:
"All right. I understand. Fine. When he comes back, I won't get in the way."
Answer: Han Solo, Return of the Jedi
 

 
 
If you want to contact us or have any question please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

7 comments:

  1. Han Solo is from Corellia, but I don't know the others.

    Just want to let you know that I really enjoy your trivia posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Han Solo was born on Corellia.

    ....AND THAT IS LOKI!!!!!! He is talking to Nick Fury at the very beginning of the Avengers! I just watched it again yesterday. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I not know where Han was born?! Shame on me!

    Second one is Loki but Helen beat me! Good going, Helen!

    And I'm not familiar with the last three. :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a random guess: The two-for-one at the bottom is "Good, Bad, and the Ugly" ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...I really should know about Han, but I've no idea.

    The second is The Avengers, and Loki. :)

    Third: Harry Potter and the Death Hallows, Part Two, I believe. As said by Draco Malfoy.

    No idea on the last, either.

    Thanks for the trivia!

    Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Han is from Correllia. I don't know the others ;P

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Padme Arya: Thanks, glad to hear you enjoy the posts. :) I'll be sure to keep posting. You have the correct answer.

    @Helen: You got it! :D

    @Jamie: It was never actually said in the movies were he was born I don't think. Probably was first said in Heir to the Empire. :)

    @JT: You got it. Wasn't sure if anyone was going to answer that one. Just watched the movie last week, one of my favorite westerns.

    @Alexandra Lanc: You are correct, was not sure if anyone would answer that entire. Thanks for the comment. :)

    @Solace Utara: Thanks for commenting. :)

    -James

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...