SEARCH MY BLOG

Monday, July 23, 2012

Superman: Man of Steel Trailer.

Everyone knows who Superman is and there is going to be a new Superman movie named "Man of Steel". The movie is being produced by Christopher Nolan, who is the director of The Dark Knight trilogy and Inception, and Man of Steel is directed my Zack Snyder. I am not a fan of Snyder's previous films Watchmen and 300, which looked good visually but were not great movies. It is written my David S. Goyer and Christopher Nolan. The trailer really sets the possible tone of movie well and it seems that it is going for a darker, more realistic version of Superman similar to the recent The Amazing Spider-Man reboot and Nolan Batman trilogy. Also it is important to emphasize that this is only a teaser trailer and not a full trailer. Although I am not the biggest Superman fan, I did enjoy the first two original Superman movies and I will review all of his movies when it is closer to the Man of Steel's release. Superman is the original superhero that all subsequent superheroes were based. This reinvention of the character could turn out excellently and give the current generation a Superman that most previous generations grew up with, however considering Snyder's past movies, it could turn into complete nonsense. Also I am not a big fan of Superman's new costume.
Below are both trailers that are being played in front The Dark Knight Rises in select theaters. There are two different versions of the trailer, one with Russell Crowe's voice as Jor-El, Superman's Kryptonian father, and Kevin Costner as Superman's addopted earth father.


Sometime I found really cool about this trailer is that the music used in the trailer is the music that was used in Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. 

What did you think of the teaser? Have you seen the original Superman movies? If so what is your favorite of the movies?


If you want to contact us or have any question please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, they're liking rebooting all the older superheroes, aren't they! I've not seen any of the old Super Man movies and I'm actually not interested to see them, but I'll be interested to see the future trailers for this new one. I hope it turns out okay; it'd be sad if the original, ORIGINAL superhero's new movie sucked. lol.

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to watch the very first "Superman" film, but I had to stop after the first thirty minutes or so because I just couldn't take it anymore. Nothing was really happening, there was too much explanation and not enough actually doing anything, and then when Superman's birth parents were getting ready to send their baby off the planet they kept talking about how the world was going to end very soon...but they still took their long, sweet time to actually jettison the escape pod. I think if the world was going to end any second I'd at least move a bit faster. So, yeah, I didn't really like it. >.< I prefer Batman and the X-Men. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jamie: The old ones are actually kind of fun. :) But yes it would be sad if they screwed up Superman.

    @Edessa: Yeah, the old Superman is really not for everyone. LOL That is a very good point. :)
    I also much prefer the other comic heroes.

    -James

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...