SEARCH MY BLOG

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Beyond The Avengers: Guardians of the Galaxy.

Warning: Spoilers if you have not seen The Avengers.
The Guardians of the Galaxy are an obscure group of heroes from the 31st Century. They often time travel and meet The Avengers. Also they fight the villain Thanos (you can Click Here to read more about Thanos), who was in the after credit scene of The Avengers. The movie is going to be about The Guardians fighting Thanos to set up for The Avengers sequel. I find it odd that Marvel would choose such an obscure team to make a movie about. I cannot think of another successful comic book movie that was based on such an unknown comic book. If you would like to see The Guardians of the Galaxy in action, watch "The Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes" episode "Michael Kovac.", unfortunately it is not uploaded to YouTube but I would highly recommend watching it if you have the chance. The movie is said to have some humor like The Avengers and a director has yet to be chosen, considering that one of its main members is a talking Raccoon with large laser guns, it will be hard to make too serious. I assume that the movie will include the current rebooted team and not the team from the 70s. The Guardians of the Galaxy will be connected to The Avengers 2. Guardians of the Galaxy movie is set to be released in May 2014. What do you think of Marvel's plan to make a "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie?

Below are some vidoes about the movie.




If you want to contact us or have any question please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

5 comments:

  1. "Talking racoon with large laser guns":D
    I'm inclined to think this won't work out great, because, i don't know, some people may get confused? But it's gonna make a load of money anyway because it's Marvel. Honestly, I think Avengers 1 will be the best movie Marvel makes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about this one. I thought the team was interesting in the EMH episode, but I'm not sure I would be thrilled to see a whole film about them. But, it's probably going to play an integral part in introducing Thanos, so I guess it's necessary.

    Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the obvious candidate for an unknown character having a film is Blade: he was very obscure before his films.

    I don't think being obscure in comics matters that much, as far as the average member of the non comic reading public is concerned it'll just be a new property being launched, and new properties can certainly be successful, and this one has the advantage of being tied to Avengers.

    Also, slight note: the current team isn't from the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @JT/King Valun: Yeah, I'm still on the fence on this one too. Unless Avengers 2 is better, you're probably right.

    @Alexandra Lanc: I liked that episodes also, but I agree, it will be difficult to make a movie about them.

    @Alex H: Very good point, I forgot about him.
    You're are probably right, it all has to do with the marketing.
    Thanks for info, I haven't read any of their recent yet.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  5. @JT/King Valun: Yeah, I'm still on the fence on this one too. Unless Avengers 2 is better, you're probably right.

    @Alexandra Lanc: I liked that episodes also, but I agree, it will be difficult to make a movie about them.

    @Alex H: Very good point, I forgot about him.
    You're are probably right, it all has to do with the marketing.
    Thanks for info, I haven't read any of their recent yet.

    -James

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...