SEARCH MY BLOG

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

How Can I Make This Blog Better and A Few Changes.

I would like to know what you think I should change to make this blog better. The main reason I write my blog is to entertain and inform you the follower. So please give me some feedback. Also expect some more reviews. I haven't been posting later because of Star Wars Week and a few other things. I also want to know what you want to see more of on my blog. And does my blog come up slower than other blogs you check out? I wasn't sure since the header was so large it might slow the blog down, please let me know about that.

About the few changes.
I have added a "Follow by E-Mail" button on the side bar for those of you who want follow my blog though e-mail like a "Wordpress" blog.
A "Search Box" was also been added so that you could look up different thing on my blog. It is on the left side bar.
I have changed the size of the font to make it a little bigger but I did that last week.
I also plan to change the header to make it either small if it is coming up slowly or just change some of the posters, like add Thor, X-Men: First Class and a few others to it.
I have also changed the Movie Review page so that it is easier to look though and find what you are looking for. Here is a sample of what it looks like.

  • Sergeant York Review.

  • Some Like it Hot

  • Source Code Review.

  • Spider-Man 2 Review.

  • Spider-Man Review.


  • Star Wars Saga:

  • Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

  • Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

  • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

  • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

  • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi


  • Super 8 Review.

  • The Adventures of Huck Finn

  • The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938) Review

  • The Dirty Dozen Review.



  • What do you think of the new movie reviews page?


    Which of the following movies do you want to see the review of first?
    The Terminator
    Rango
    The Fugitive
    The Rock (1996)
    Forrest Gump
    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's (Philosopher's) Stone
    Real Steel
    Rambo: First Blood
    Rear Window
    Planes, Trains and Automobiles
    Contagion
    The Incredible Hulk
    And do you have any movie review requests?

    If you want to contact us or have any please sent an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

    9 comments:

    1. Hmmm... How to improve? The left side seems a bit messy... and the top is a nice collage... but messy too and it kinda drowns something out... and I think some colors r helpful :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love your blog. I love reading the posts about Star Wars. When I was a kid, I used to watch the Star Wars movies all the time. in fact, one year for Halloween, I wanted to dress up as Princess Leia, but my mom would have thought it was too funny for a kid to do. But I lvoe your blog. i think it's cool just the way it is. I learn about movies from your blog.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thanks for telling me Primeval counts. Cuz I didn't know what to put!! In fact, I still watch anything my parents are watching. I love the James Bond movies, my 2 faves are Goldfinger and Man with Golden Gun. Besides, Marvel rules. I love reading the comics from them, my favorites are The Punisher, X-Men.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Your blog comes up actually really fast! Faster than mine... :(

      ReplyDelete
    5. I'll try to answer all your questions:

      Your blog loads quite fast for me, actually.

      Reviews I'd like to see first? Forrest Gump, The Harry Potter Film, The Incredible Hulk and Contagion, please. :)

      Thanks for adding the search box! That will be handy! :)

      Your movie reviews page is perfect! Alphabetical order is always perfect!

      Now, as to what you post; I like the mixture of film reviews and random posts, like your Star Wars week. I don't read all the film reviews if I'm not interested in the movie, but I normally read all your other posts. So, you can consider keeping a moderate balance of both! :)

      Did I miss anything? :D

      ~Jamie

      ReplyDelete
    6. i think ur blog is awesome. i redid mine a bit as well. could u tell me if u like it? i love opinions. thanks so much. :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. I just wonder why you activated ads. They're kind of annoying. Also, I've noticed you make a lot of redundant labels, so maybe you should streamline that list. The header is great and doesn't slow it down, but the thunderball poster kind of messes up the symmetry you have going in the colr scheme.

      ReplyDelete
    8. @Solace Utara: Thank you very much for your input. I have now changed the side to not include as many things.

      @Jaggerfan1: Thanks, I am really glad you like my blog! :D I also watched Star Wars some many times, I can't count!

      And my favorite Bond movies are Goldfinger and Thunderball. I think The Man with the Golden Gun is the only one I have yet to see.

      @Alyianna: Thanks for the input. I have actually found that your blog comes up even faster than mine, on my computer.

      @Jamie: Thanks for answering all of the questions. :) And I will try to keep a balance of posts.

      @Aalya Rain: Thanks! And I am going to check out your blog now! :D

      @JT/King Valun: I already had the account set up for YouTube so I figtured I add them.
      I have just removed the tags on the sidebar and added a search box at the top.
      My thoughts exactly about the Thunderball poster. I have already added the finishing touchs to my new header early today and I will post it tomorrow.

      @Everyone: Thanks for the comments!

      -James

      ReplyDelete
    9. And here I come picking up behind you all.. LOL no not really. :) The only thing I would say would make it better is a search engine but I see you have one now! *high five* Awesome!
      And I love the movie review page, it is definitely helpful! XD

      ReplyDelete

    One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...