SEARCH MY BLOG

Friday, November 8, 2013

5 Marvel TV Shows on Netflix!

Breaking news: Marvel has signed a deal with Netflix where Marvel will produce four new series with a minimum of 13 each and the four characters of those series will team up for a Defenders miniseries. The characters that will each have their own TV series are Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones.
Okay wow, just wow, this news is unbelieveable! Even though I heard rumors about it, I never believed it would actually happen. First off, I am angry that the series will be reserved to Netflix, which I do not have. However, I suppose I will have to find the money to buy the service when these series come out. Other than that, I am excited for several reasons. First off, the series appear to be taking a more serious and darker route since they will be set on the streets of New York in Hell's Kitchen, a place where many Marvel heroes are known for inhabiting. Basically, all of the characters are street level heroes that deal with smaller crime opposed to world threatening things. Something slightly odd is that the Defenders team in the comics originally consisted of The Hulk, Silver Surfer, Doctor Strange, and Namor, and the team is brought together when the Earth is in danger, however this version of the Defenders is obviously smaller scale, more along the lines of Heroes for Hire. When these series will be released is unknown and any other details will most likely be released later on. Here is a quick rundown of the characters.
Daredevil: Played by Ben Affleck in a barely serviceable movie about ten years ago, Matt Murdock is a blind lawyer by day and a dark bringer of justice by night. Blinded when he was a young man, Matt developed incredibly enhanced sense including radar hearing and almost a sixth sense. He is also trained in martial arts. Think Batman if he was a dark hero that occasionally killed people when necessary. 
Luke Cage: He is a former criminal who turned vigilante when he gained bulletproof skin and super strength. Cage has been part of the New Avengers and is the founding member of Heroes for Hire.
Iron Fist: Iron Fist is a martial arts expert who uses his ability to channel his chi to give him enhanced strength, powerful fist attacks, and other special powers. He is the other founding member of Heroes for Hire with Luke Cage.
Jessica Jones: An "Alias: Jessica Jones" TV has been in the works for years and now it has finally been greenlit. Due to a chemical spill, Jessica gained superhuman strength, flight, and durability, however what makes her unique is that she is a private detective and solves cases that often involve other superhumans. She also married Luke Cage later on in the comics. 

If anyone is interested in knowing more about the characters and the comics, and my dream cast, please let me know.

What are your thoughts on this development? Please comment below.

Note: I did not get to see Thor: The Dark World last night unfortunately, however I do plan to see it later this week or the next.

Left to right: Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, and Iron Fist






If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

12 comments:

  1. Interesting. Gosh, there sure are a lot of Marvel superheros! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are probably over 1000 heroes alone in the Marvel Universe. :)

      -James

      Delete
  2. Really awesome!! :D I don't have Netflix either, but it still cool to hear about it(and maybe I'll get a chance to watch them, somehow). And I'm very glad they're including a girl(and she sounds like a really cool character).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that the series will be released on Blu-Ray/DVD when they come out Netflix. :) Although I am not the knowledgeable about Jessica Jones since she is relatively recent character, she is a great character and one of the better heroines to base a show around.

      -James

      Delete
  3. A suggestion if you do not have Netflix, find someone that does and use their password. I use my roommates and pay him back about $20/year. Certainly worth it for when shows like this roll around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice Jordan. I will ask my friend and see if she is OK with the idea.

      -James

      Delete
  4. OH MY WORD!!!! This is SO exciting!!! They all sound like great characters...I've always liked Daredevil, but the movie with Ben Affleck was just so horrible I couldn't enjoy his character.

    Jessica Jones sounds really cool, too! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Affleck's movie was a terrible adaptation of such a fantastic character, I am sure this series will finally do the character justice.

      -James

      Delete
  5. The is interesting news! I had no idea this was in the works. I hope they all prove great. Marvel is really on a roll right now!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Marvel/Disney's goal is to rule the universe since that is basically what they have been doing. Marvel is literally every form of media now!

      -James

      Delete
  6. I've been flirting with the idea of Netflix for years. This might push me over the edge. The private detective angle especially intrigues me, as I love mysteries and detective stories.

    I saw T:TDW yesterday and wow, it's a great ride. Hope you get to see it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Netflix is something that I have considered getting for a while, but since they are getting original entertainment, I think I will have to get it then. From what I know about the comics, Jessica Jones will make a great detective/mystery show with a superpowered twist.

      -James

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...