SEARCH MY BLOG

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thanksgiving Netflix Picks: Movies to Watch on Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is right around the corner and if you want to watch a movie to get you in the spirit of Thanksgiving on Netflix, here is your quick guide! Granted, Thanksgiving movies are not particularly common, which makes finding ones on Netflix are even more difficult. However, there are three that may get you into the spirit of Thanksgiving or at least have something Thanksgiving related. Also, please check back tomorrow for my review of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Planes, Trains and Automobiles is my definitive Thanksgiving movie. It follows two guys, played by comedic legends Steve Martin and John Candy, as they end up in a ridiculous road trip that ends with a positive message. The film is directed by John Hughes, who is known for such classics as Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Breakfast Club, and yet Planes, Trains and Automobiles is still my favorite. Please note that the film is essentially an 80s PG movie comedy, except for one scene where Steve Martin's character goes off on a tirade of f-words, so if you are watching it with the family, be aware. Otherwise, this is the movie for Thanksgiving fun!

Addams Family Values
Honestly, Addams Family Values makes this list by default since it is one of the only movies on Netflix to feature Thanksgiving. As for the film's quality, I just cannot remember that well. It has literally been 10 years since I have seen it, but others seem to like it!


Pocahontas
If you have children that you need to entertain during the Holiday, Pocahontas is probably a great pick, despite having almost semblance of historical accuracy. Like my previous pick, I have not seen Pocahontas in a very long time, so I cannot vouch for its quality as an adult. However, I remember enjoying it as a young child.

Well, there's my Netflix Picks for Thanksgiving! Do you have any recommendations? Please comment below and let me know!

If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. nice list! and as for my recommendations it doesn't have anything to with thanksgiving but I like to watch old sherlock holmes movies on and around thanksgiving IDK why but I do xD n they are not on netflix but the new ones are and they are pretty good to :)
    P.S
    PT and A is great

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...