SEARCH MY BLOG

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Middle-Earth Travel Video


With the Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies being released in theaters a couple of weeks ago, Air New Zealand released several safety video featuring a few familiar faces from Middle Earth. For a safety video, this is very amusing, especially with all of the Middle Earth references and epic scenery. 
The video aside, going to New Zealand is on my geeky buck-list, even if it is incredibly unlikely any time in the near future. Come on, who would not want to visit the permanent Shire that was built as well as look upon the various sights and vistas featured in the Lord of the Rings films!? 
On a sidenote, hopefully, I will get to watch and review the new Hobbit film sooner rather than later. Due to various reasons, including a regional flu pandemic (thanks CDC for screwing that up), I have not been able to see it yet. Also, I have decided to avoid all reviews for the film until after watching it, so if I have not commented on your review yet, that is because I am waiting until after I watch the movie. Please be sure to check back tomorrow for my review of the Doctor Who Christmas special and Tuesday for my review of the Desolation of Smaug Extended Edition.

If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

3 comments:

  1. This does look like a lot of fun! :) I saw it a while ago and I hope I do get to eventually travel to New Zealand.
    Sorry the flu is going around where you live- hopefully you can see the movie soon.
    Looking forward to your review of the Doctor Who Christmas special! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ok. I've seen it. I think you might have mixed feelings about it though. Personally, I thought it came out about as well as I could hope for, but it most definitely needs an EE, which can't come fast enough...Don't forget Dale. The Dale set is permenant, though it was partially burned, on purpose, for real...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this commercial so much. It's so fun and interesting--I think all safety videos should be made with a fandom theme--people would remember them better. :D

    Hope you can get to the theater soon! I haven't seen the movie yet either.

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...