SEARCH MY BLOG

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Fantastic Four Trailer 2 Review


The trailers keep coming with Fantastic Four. Something about this film just feels right. Josh Trank's direction is visually intriguing and different than other comic book films. It feels like a sci-fi flick that happens to have superheroes in it, and as much as I would love to see a MCU take on the F4, this is an exciting direction as well. With a cast that includes, Miles Teller, Jamie Bell, Michael B. Jordan, and Kate Mara, how could the acting be anything less than Fantastic (yeah, I went there). The character all seem more real than expected, and while it still somewhat fits within the X-Men verse, it is very different than expected. The CGI, especially for the Thing, stills needs some work, as it appears to be below average for a superhero flick. Otherwise, I am starting to get hyped for the film!

My main issue is that Victor Domashev, aka Doctor Doom, is yet again directly connected to the F4's origin, instead of being a ruler of a country, just like the previous film. Doctor Doom is one of Marvel's more notable villains. He is even credited as one of the inspirations for Darth Vader, and yet we have not seen a good version of the character. Hopefully, Toby Kebbell can deliver an interesting take on the character.

What do you think of the trailer? Please comment below and let me know.
While the trailer looks great, this poster is kind of awful. It looks like a cheap fan photoshopped one.

If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, this looks pretty good!!!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't go for it. I quite liked the old Fantastic 4 and don't want a gritty reboot. Such a shame the MU don't hold the rights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After disliking the last trailer, I kind of decided that as much as I love to see a classic F4 in the MCU, that's not going to happen anytime soon, so I hope that this new is good for what it is.

      -James

      Delete
  3. I also really liked the old F4 movies, so... I'm on the fence about this. If AOU is anything like The Avengers, I'm not gonna be watching much else all summer long, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't love the movies, but I found them entertaining, especially when I was younger. But I still think that new F4 has a good shot at being great.

      -James

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...