SEARCH MY BLOG

Saturday, October 18, 2014

DC Announces 10 Upcoming Movies!

Breaking news, DC Announces 10 Upcoming Movies! After rumors, DC has finally confirmed their upcoming movie lineup with ten movies between 2016 and 2020. DC tries yet again to get everyone's attention with news of their crazy plan. At this point, my opinion of DC is just to wait and see. 
For one, there is going to be a Flash movie that has no connection to the current Flash TV series, and even though I am still trying to catch up on Arrow season two before watching the Flash TV show, I am sure it is going to be at least good. So, having two different actors playing the same character at the same time is going to confuse the general public and make a lot of us think that the TV is better (unless the movie rocks). 

Out of all these films, Suicide Squad is the one that I am most excited about oddly enough, since it features Harley Quinn (or at least it should), and she is one of my favorite villains ever. Even though I have yet to finish season two of Arrow, isn't the Suicide Squad already hinted at as well? 
Wonder Woman and Shazam were already announced for the most part, so those were not a surprise. Rebooting Green Lantern would be great, although I am hoping for a John Stewart Green Lantern movie, and the Cyborg is not even worth speculating about until after the Justice League movie. 

Speaking of the Justice League movie, why are they designated Part 1 and 2? With so many movies in-between the Justice League films, what is the point of splitting it into parts? Maybe it just means a sequel. Unfortunately, Zack Snyder is directing both, so that means great visuals and terrible characterization. Hopefully the script will help him out.

Most surprisingly, we are actually getting an Aquaman feature film. Yep, it's happening, the most joked about character in the DC universe, Aquaman, is getting his own movie. While he is cool in the comics at times, if the creators can pull off all of the underwater filming the movie could turn out well, especially with Jason Momoa attached to star. Oddly enough, there are no plans for a Man of Steel sequel, which is probably for the best.

Below are all of the upcoming films.
  • “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
  • “Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
  • “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
  • “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, and Amy Adams (2017)
  • “The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
  • “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
  • “Shazam” (2019)
  • “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
  • “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
  • “Green Lantern” (2020)
What do you think of the upcoming DC movies? Please comment below and let me know!

If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

11 comments:

  1. Can't really get excited; Man of Steel was boring and noisy and Zack Snyder is a stylist but not a storyteller. David Ayer can direct so maybe Suicide Squad may be worthwhile. At the moment, Marvel is just embarrassing DC at the flicks. While Marvel hire great storytellers (Whedon, Favreau, Branagh, etc) and know that the audience want thrills and laughs, DC with its darker agenda will always come off second best. The Gotham TV series sums up DC - self important, worthy, dull. Bring on Avengers 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree with you. I can't really get excited about these movies either, except for Suicide Squad, but that's mostly Ayer and the fact that Harley Quinn will be in it. And I agree again about what Marvel is doing by hiring true talent, who know how to tell a story. I am almost so bored with DC that I cannot get enough energy to make fun of them anymore. And you are right about Gotham. At least Arrow is good.

      -James

      Delete
  2. I'm really excited for the Wonder Woman movie- finally, a female-led superhero film!(I think they've mad some before, but they weren't very good from what I remember hearing) I hope they do a good job with it, since it could be easy to mess up. Excited, though, since I like her origin story! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be excited for the Wonder Woman movie, if DC actually knew what they were doing. My fear is that it is going to fail and people will point to it for failing because of a female lead, rather than being poorly directed and written.

      -James

      Delete
  3. I'm prepping for the worst but hoping for the best. I would love to see a competitive DC and Marvel cinematic universe, but I really don't think DC can catch up at this point. Plus their ordering of films seems really out of whack and it looks like it will completely lack a cohesive, overarching storyline that Marvel has been so great at (most of the time).

    AND, this officially breaks my heart because it means that Arrow and Flash are not tied at all to the new universe which seems both dumb and strange to me. With DC clearly winning the battle on TV, at least for the time being, you would think they would implement their strengths into their films? But what do I know, right?

    Either way, I'm excited. But I'm being cautiously optimistic. Upon a second viewing, Man of Steel really hurt itself in my eyes, at least in that final 40 minutes, and I'm really hoping that Affleck assists Snyder behind the camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good way to think about DC. Right now, DC would be doing good to compete with Sony, let alone Marvel.

      Even though I am not surprised by the lack of connection between the Arrow-verse and the other DC universe, now that I am watching the series, it is disappointing that DC is not taking advantage of their best work since The Dark Knight.

      Agreed about Man of Steel falling apart towards the end. I loved it the first time, and nearly hated it the second viewing.

      -James

      Delete
  4. I have no hope for DC. They're very obviously playing catch-up with Marvel but I've yet to see a DC film that has even come close to the endearment I find in Marvel superhero films. I'm confused on their choice of having a Flash TV show and Flash movie...that makes zero sense to me...Of all of these, I'm most interested in Aquaman simply because I wonder how they will pull that off....

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, DC is playing catch-up to Marvel and that will never happen/

      -James

      Delete
  5. I'm not expecting much from these. But seriously, I'm wishing for the best. I'm neither on the side of Marvel nor DC. I'm on the side of well done movies. Hope they turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Not expecting much, and I get where you are coming from. But it does not seem that DC is going to deliver well done movies.

      -James

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...