SEARCH MY BLOG

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Movie Music and More #21: "Arrietty" by Jamie

tumblr_mi150r4tLI1ruakfio1_500
Hello all, it's Jamie! James asked me to drop in to share one of my favorite soundtracks that I've featured on my blog! So, today I'm highlighting a track from the OST of Studio Ghilbi’s The Secret World of Arrietty, which is story filled with a stunning attention to detail about a unlikely friendship. The soundtrack was one of the elements that really grabbed my attention during my first viewing of the film. Thanks to the Celtic tunes and melodies that captured my heart, I’m now an anime fan. Funny, no?

Sadly, the soundtrack for Arrietty is incredibly hard to find on YouTube, so I only have one song to share today. Thankfully, it's a good one! (I do own the soundtrack, in CD format! Well worth the purchase!)

Shawn's Lament: This song is incredibly peaceful and haunting. It's "music box" sound reminds me of childhood innocence and a bedtime lullaby. The guitar and flute flow smoothly together throughout the song's course, with the strings stepping in every once and awhile to play a few notes. The harp's clear notes dancing up the scale is also a beautiful addition to the melody. I love listening to this at night for it's soothing nature when I can't sleep!

I hope you enjoyed this track; I highlight unique music just like this every Tuesday on my blog Jamie Talks Anime. I'd love to have you visit and find more great music you can enjoy!

Jamie is a Marvel fan, Sherlockian, and anime enthusiast. She sometimes writes about movies and TV shows on her main blog, Through Two Blue Eyes. However, anime is so special to her that she gave it its own blog, where she writes almost more frequently: Jamie Talks Anime. Come visit her anytime, she will welcome you with streamers in the comment sections. ;) Thank you for having me on the blog, James! :D

3 comments:

  1. The Secret World of Arrietty is one of the few Ghibli movies I haven't seen, though it looks interesting. Personally, music is a vital part of a film. It shows character, and somehow dictates a specific theme for the whole film. This is an interesting soundtrack. Other soundtracks from Ghibli movies I particularly like are those from Princess Mononoke and Castle in the Sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! Arrietty is a great Ghibli film, you should certainly give it a try sometime! It's soundtrack is also one of the most memorable out the Ghibli films for it's Celtic sound. :) Yes, Princess Mononoke had a great soundtrack--I need to rewatch that film, I've only seen it once. :)

      ~Jamie

      Delete
  2. I've heard so many good things about The Secret World of Arrietty -- I adore the books it's based on, so I do want to see this sometime. That song is lovely. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...