SEARCH MY BLOG

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Movie Music and More


Today I introduce a new post series to J and J Productions, Movie Music and More! On this new series, I will post a track or two from a film, television, or other media. Some of the tracks are from an underrated score, while others might be lesser known tracks from a well known movie, like today's pick from The Avengers. Alan Silvestri's score for The Avengers is very underrated as a whole for giving us a score that matches the epicness of the heroes themselves. However, the track above, "A Promise," is an all too often overlooked track from the film's score. It is played near the end during one of the film's most impactful scenes, and it is one of my favorites from Alan Silvestri's body of work. Hopefully, unlike my previous failed attempts, this post series will actually become popular enough to continue in the future, and please let me know what you think of it in the comments below.





If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

8 comments:

  1. Love the new post series, it's awesome! As for the track, I've actually got it on my MP3 player! It is absolutely a gorgeous piece of epicness-if that made sense. That's why you shouldn't comment when you just woke up!
    -Tegan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too! It is just so amazing, and your comment actually made sense.

      -James

      Delete
  2. Nice! Looking forward to the new series. I always listen to entire scores, start to finish, not just single cues, so this cue has always been an integral part of the whole listening experience for me. It's perfect music to wrap up the movie, that's for sure! Leaves you revved up and ready for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also listen to entire scores, usually while reviewing the film. However, I have playlists with tracks from various films, TV, and anime. Hopefully I can actually continue this series, unlike the previous ones.

      -James

      Delete
  3. Love The Avengers soundtrack! :) Cool post series idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super-passionate about soundtracks, so I love this idea for a series! (I also love this soundtrack -- the summer of 2012, it did not leave my CD player for weeks.)

    Just so happens that barnesandnoble.com is having a big 40% off sale on soundtracks right now, and this morning I am in the middle of whittling down a list of 20+ I want to get to a more affordable number. Some are only like $3.50, so it's a great time to find some steals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can continue this series!

      Thanks for the info about the sale. :)

      -James

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...