Happy Belated Birthday Sherlock Holmes! To celebrate, Hamlette over on The Edge of the Precipice is hosting a Sherlock Holmes birthday blog party and giveaway. Officially, Sherlock's birthday is said to be yesterday, but I did not get a chance to answer these questions yesterday, so I am answering them now. Also, sorry everyone for the lack of a full post today, my original plans had to be changed at the last minute. However, please check back tomorrow for my review of the Ant-Man trailer and Friday for my review of the fantasy epic Rage of Bahamut: Genesis.
1. When and how did you first encounter Sherlock Holmes?
My father has always been a big fan of the stories and various adaptations since before I was born, so I always known about Sherlock Holmes in one form or another. However, if I were to guess, I would say that my first encounter was with one of the Basil Rathbone films.
2. Please share a fact or two about yourself related to Holmes. (You've read the whole canon, you've been to Baker Street, you're an official BSI member, etc.)
Well, I cannot boast anything like having read all of the stories or being a part of anything. However, I am one of the few people I know that actually watched BBC Sherlock when it first aired rather than hearing about how good it was from everyone else.
3. What are three of your favorite Holmes adventures?
Having only read a couple of stories, I cannot rank my favorite stories. I can, however, rank my favorite adaptations:
BBC Sherlock: "The Reichenbach Fall"
BBC Sherlock: "His Last Vow"
BBC Sherlock: "The Great Game"
4. What draws you to the Sherlock Holmes stories?
The mystery genre is one of my favorites, and Sir Arthur Conan played a large part in the creation the modern mystery gener. Also, the intellectual of Sherlock is another aspects draws me to it.
5. If you were going to give Sherlock Holmes a birthday present, what would it be?
No idea. I am terrible at these questions. Ah, I've got one: the entire collection of the Sherlock stories to hear his opinion of them, haha!
6. If you could climb into a Holmes story and replace any one character for a day, who would you like to be?
Providing I am assured to live, being Sherlock in any of them would be cool.
7. Please share some of your favorite Holmes-related quotes!
"Anderson, don't talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street." (the first good one to come to mind)
If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to email@example.com.