SEARCH MY BLOG

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

New Batsuit and Batmobile Revealed

We finally get a look at the new Batman costume and Batmobile, and to my surprise, it actually looks great! Maybe I should not be surprised since Zack Sndyer is good at one thing and one thing only: Visuals. And from a visual standpoint, this new Batsuit looks really cool! Unfortunately, the only picture released is in black and white, so we cannot see the colors, but it looks a lot what I expected from Sndyer, by which I mean exactly like Watchmen's costumes with the use of textures (specifically Night Owl). The new Batsuit is reminiscent of the one from The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel, and it is generally more inspired by the comics than Nolan's version and that is certainly a good thing. Some are complaining about the short Bat-Ears on the cowl, but, again, it is a lot like The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel. As for the Batmobile, it reminds me of the traditional one from the comics. My overall opinion of this picture is that it looks great, and I am all for the more comic book inspired look. Does this look at the new Batman and Batmobile sway my opinion that the new movie is likely going to be mediocre? No, absolutely not! Not until the movie is released to positive reviews will I be swayed, but at least Batman is going to look cool. What do you think of the new Batsuit and Batmobile? Please comment below and let me know, and check back tomorrow for my review of Captain Phillips. 

Below is a close up look at the new Batsuit.



If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

10 comments:

  1. The costume looks okay, but I'm still not all that certain about this movie. I'm more of a Marvel girl when it comes to Movies (or comics, actually). I'll watch DC show (I watched Smallville growing up, and I still watch Birds of Prey every now and then), but I'm not sure about this movie. During the last Man of Steel movie, I nearly fell alseep during it (we were watching it at home, and it was basically midnight, but even so, movies should be so good they keep you awake). Who knows? Maybe the movie will surprise us.
    -Tegan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not certain about the movie either. Haha, well, Man of Steel, or as I like to call it, Meh of Steel, was not all that great, so I can understand you falling asleep while watching it.

      -James

      Delete
  2. Looking slick. But I was definitely was expecting this -- the Man of Steel costume was great too, but, like you say, when the reviews start coming in is when we REALLY get a look at what this movie is made of! And I still prefer the Nolan look. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, Nolan's Batsuit looked very good, well at least the ones from TDK and TDKR (Begins was not practical). :) But I am digging the comic style of the new one. Hopefully it will look good on camera.

      -James

      Delete
  3. Yeah it looks great! That's what I thought till this crossed my tumblr dashboard and I just about died from laughter. I feel mean but I don't feel bad about feeling mean at all! XD

    http://grinsmileorlaugh.tumblr.com/post/85692011400

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks ok but it's NOT NEARLY AS COOL AS CHRISTOPHER NOLAN'S BATMAN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nolan's Batman costume was cool, but I have never been a the biggest fan of it....

      -James

      Delete
  5. Visually it's a nice start. Since Watchmen is still one of my all time favorite superhero films, I'll hold off on judgement until I see more even though I thought MOS was so-so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed for sure about the visuals. Even though the Watchman graphic novel is probably my favorite one ever actually, the Watchmen movie kind of disappointed me though.

      -James

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...