SEARCH MY BLOG

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Movie Music and More #45: "Wolf Children"

Hello, all! It's me Jamie again! Today I have two musical tracks for you all today from the stunning film, Wolf Children. Wolf Children is a gorgeous story of motherhood, told through fantasy and realism: a must-watch film to be sure! From it's OST for you today, I'm sharing two of my favorite tracks!
Ki Toki To – Yonhon Ashi no Odori. There is no other word to describe this piece but pure joy. The strings fly and the piano triumphantly plays waterfalls up and down the scale. The flutes and harp literally create the sound of the wind in your ears. And the symbols give the magic an extra oomph! I can almost see the wolf children and their mother joyously fly down the side of the snowy mountains, eating up the ground in the happiness of fresh snow. This is the sound of sentiment and adrenaline: but most of all, it's the sound of joy.
Oyosute Aina. This second piece isn't as spirited and galloping as the last. Yet it certainly doesn't lack emotion in the least bit. A steady ticking like a clock keeps tempo as the piano enthusiastically, yet gently, trickles up and down the scale. A soft guitar and intriguing vocals join in, creating a warm, gentle ambiance. It nearly conjures the images of summer and wafting curtains in the kitchen. At moments the song is almost loud with excitement before mellowing out again. To me, this track's emotion, or sound, is hope. The tension of hope, the joy of hope, the peace in hope. and the expectation of hope. All in all, it's a truly peaceful track.
Hope you enjoyed those! If you enjoy soundtracks, you can find plenty of suggestions for others on my blog Jamie Talks Anime; I post a weekly series of music there! I also blog about my life in general at Through Two Blue Eyes and music pops up there quite often as well. Thank you for reading!
~Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...