SEARCH MY BLOG

Saturday, October 19, 2013

JGL as in Marvel's Ant-Man?


Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Paul Rudd are in the running to star in Edgar Wright's Ant-Man film, which is the first part of Marvel's Phase 3 films. Ant-Man will be released in late July of and no other actors have been attached the film as of now. Concerning the casting of Hank Pym/Ant-Man, I think both JGL and Rudd are fantastic choices for the role. JGL is one of my favorite actors and even though he is not as old as I would like, he is such a good actor that I doubt he would disappoint. Plus, JGL would be another actor to play both a Marvel and DC character, which is odd. Although I have not seen much of Rudd, he fits the appearance and age that Ant-Man should be. Basically, either choice is fantastic and is an infinitely better choice than Armie Hammer. Despite how much I like both actors that up for the role, Nathan Fillion is still my preferred choice in my fantasy cast, even though that is incredibly unlikely. Also my preferred choice for Hank Pym's girlfriend/wife, Janet van Dyne aka Wasp, is Morena Baccarin. Aside from the fact that Firefly fans like myself would love to see Fillion and Baccarin back together again, Baccarin looks exactly like Wasp and she can certainly pull off the role. Who is your preferred choice for Ant-Man? JGL, Rudd, or Fillion? Please comment below.

Nathan Fillion

JGL and Paul Rudd


Below are videos with more information on the story.




If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

10 comments:

  1. I agree, I'd love to see Nathan Fillion and Morena Baccarin in those roles! :)
    But I agree, those actors seem like they'd be good for the role, and I know JGL could pull it off since he's a good actor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can always hope for Fillion and Baccarin! :)

      -James

      Delete
  2. JGL, please! :) I know next to nothing about Ant-Man, but JGL is great at everything, and since he's not Batman... Plus I've been wanting to see him as a full-fledged superhero ever since TDKR. Great, now I'm getting my hopes up....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fillion would be amazing!!! Obviously he would be my first choice out of the three!

    However, Rudd has a good face; I don't think I recognize him from anything but that's a bonus for me because I can then not be comparing or remembering him to his other roles. :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about Rudd, I like having him possibly play Ant-Man because, like you said, he is not recognizable.

      -James

      Delete
  4. AHHHHHHH I LOVE JGL!!!!! Yes oh please make him Ant Man<3<3<3 That would make me soooooo happy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After Fillion, JGL is my first choice and I really hope he is cast! :)

      -James

      Delete
  5. JGL! Or Armie. No Rudd, please. As for Nathan -- well, I'll watch him in almost anything, but not sure he's a great fit here, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JGL is the most likely to play the role at this point, but I really cannot see Armie in the movie.

      -James

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...