It is time again for Hamlette's "Tolkien Blog Party of Special Magnificence" over on The Edge of the Precipice, and if you'd like to participate, here's the link. Now, let's answer the questions!
1. What draws you to Tolkien's stories? (The characters, the quests, the themes, the worlds, etc.)
Well, everything draws me to it. However, as in most great stories, characters are the most important and that's what keeps me coming back to series. Also, the world building is masterful.
2. What was the first Middle Earth book you read and/or movie you saw? What did you think of it?
The Fellowship of the Ring film, and it remains one of my all-time favorites.
3. Name three of your favorite characters and tell us why you like them.
Sam, Gandalf, and Aragorn.
4. Are there any secondary characters you think deserve more attention?
Boromir is not exactly a secondary character, but he is one of the more interesting and complex side characters.
5. What Middle Earth character do you relate to the most?
Probably Sam; he is most normal guy in the story, and yet he is one of most inspiring.
6. If you could ask Professor Tolkien one Middle Earth-related question, what would you like to ask him?
What is the fate of the various characters throughout the novels.
7. Are there any pieces of Middle Earth merchandise you would particularly like to own, but don't?
A poster of either the Fellowship of the Ring or Return of the King.
8. What battle would you absolutely not want to be part of?
The Two Towers; that fight was brutal.
9. Would you rather eat a meal at the Rivendell or Bag End?
Bag end; some of that food looked great.
10. List up to ten of your favorite lines/quotes from the books or movies.
"Then let us be rid of it... once and for all! Come on, Mr. Frodo. I can't carry it for you... but I can carry you!"
"You shall not pass!"
"One does not simply walk into Mordor."
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.”
“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.”
“We swears, to serve the master of the Precious. We will swear on… on the Precious!”
“I am Gandalf the White. And I come back to you now… at the turn of the tide.”
“Oh, it’s quite simple. If you are a friend, you speak the password, and the doors will open.”
“A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not THIS day.”
“Your time will come. You will face the same Evil, and you will defeat it.”
“But the fat Hobbit, he knows. Eyes always watching.”
If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.