Fantastic Four is on its way! And to prepare for its release, J and J Productions is having another special collaboration with Lights on Location, a website where filmmakers can find a filming location, and they have written some fascinating facts about the upcoming Fantastic Four film along with an infographic! Check it out below and comment!
The Fantastic Four is about to premiere this 7th of August and fans are surely eager to see if the reboot will be successful in bringing the characters back to the big screen. To get you up to speed with the weird history of the superhero family, we have compiled 10 amazing facts that you might not know about the Fantastic Four.
1. The Fantastic Four is the first superhero team from Marvel. After the success of DC's Justice League of America, Marvel decided to form a superhero team of their own. This lead to the creation of the Fantastic Four.
2. They have a robot member named H.E.R.B.I.E. . (Humanoid Experimental Robot. B-Type Integrated Electronics) that replaced The Human Torch as the fourth member of the team in the 1978 animated series.
3. Each member of the Fantastic Four have once been considered dead. Reed Richards died in a battle with Doom. Sue Storm was killed due to a mistake by Johnny Storm, while he himself died in a fight with a horde of aliens from the Negative Zone. The Thing was killed by Reed when his body was possessed by Doom.
4. The four superheroes have additional powers aside from their base abilities. Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) can increase his size and mass to Thing-like proportions to increase his strength. The Thing not only has increased durability, increased lung capacity , superhuman levels of stamina, and immortality while on his Thing form. The Invisible Woman (Sue Storm) can create force fields to simulate telekinesis. The Human Torch (Johnny Storm) can manipulate any fire within his vicinity at will.
5. If you want to buy the very first Fantastic Four comic, you're going to need to save a lot. Their first issue is noted to be worth up to $800,000.
6. The Fantastic Four has crossed over with various other properties. The Thing once starred as a solo character in an animated series featuring the Flintstones called "Fred and Barney Meet The Thing".
7. In the ultimate version, due to a massive destruction caused by Magneto, the team eventually split up. This changed Reed's worldview, and with Sue rejecting his proposal, he ultimately became a villain in their world.
8. To promote the sequel, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Fox and Franklin mint planned to create 40,000 quarters with the Silver Surfer on the back
9. The Fantastic Four actually fought the infamous Adolf Hitler. In the comics, the Fantastic Four fought his clone who is called Hate Monger.
10. Spider-Man is a frequent ally and friend of the Fantastic Four and by Johnny Storm during his solo adventures. They have become such good friends that it's not a surprise if Spider-Man steals Storm's underwear as a prank.