SEARCH MY BLOG

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Star Trek Beyond Trailer


Star Wars might be in theaters, but the new trailer for Star Trek Beyond is here! And it looks like a lot of fun. J.J. Abrams' work on the previous two Star Trek films was quite good as he delivered two very fun and entertaining sci-fi action flicks. With Abrams working on Star Wars, Fast & Furious director, Justin Lin, is at the helm of this new Star Trek film. From the trailer, the movie is trying to really focus on the action movie aspect with the modern music and fast paced cuts, which will likely disappoint some old Trek fans, much like the last two films. However, I personally like both the action heavy new films, as well as some of the older ones, like Wrath of Khan and First Contact. With Abrams out, it will be interesting to see what Star Trek looks like without lens flares! But all kidding aside, the trailer looks like a lot of fun, so that's never a bad thing. What do you think? Please comment below and let me know!

If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. Got to be honest, it did nothing for me and I have zero excitement for the film as a result. I'm one of those Trek fans you mention who prefer clever scifi plots over action sequences in space. I'm sure I'll go watch it but more out of habit than genuine enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This trailer apparently has gotten a lot of flack for looking so action-y. And apparently Simon Pegg has defended it saying that it isn't actually ALL like that. Personally, I thought it was a great trailer. It looks different, and that to me is great. But even if it did look bad, I would have confidence still, simply because I trust Simon Pegg as a writer. He's really good at giving exciting action without sacrificing drama. And he does amazing drama. But anyway, this is our first look at this movie -- it's really a teaser trailer, so it's supposed to grab your attention, and it does that. We can get more into the plot later! Also, even if it does turn out to be nothing but action, I'd probably still enjoy it. So I'm not at all worried. Sorry for the whole spiel, it's just been bothering me how fast people are judging this, seemingly just because J.J. is gone. :P

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...