SEARCH MY BLOG

Saturday, May 16, 2015

DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Trailer


DC's Legends of Tomorrow, the upcoming spinoff series that will bring together DC's heroes from the CW's DC universe into one series, and honestly, I could not be more excited! However, I would say that if you have not seen Arrow or The Flash, there are some mild spoilers. 

In short, I am extremely hyped for this! Arrow and The Flash, flawed as they may be, are two of my favorites TV series, as they are perfect examples of DC adaptations done right (reviews of each coming soon). Legends of Tomorrow appears to be the CW-verse's version of the Justice League meets Suicide Squad. I do question some of the choices made for the team, and the placement within the series' timeline is utterly confusing, but this looks like it is going to be SO much fun. Arthur Darvill, of Doctor Who and Broadchurch fame, will be playing the time-traveling Rip Hunter among a team of new and old faces. Using the immortal Vandal Savage as the antagonist is a brilliant idea for a fun time-travel story, and the team dynamic will be rather interesting. I am curious as to how there is so much of this filmed when it is not even premiering until next year! One would assume that another season Arrow and The Flash will begin airing first later this year, so I wonder where it fits into that timeline. 

*Spoilers* My problem is that Sarah is now brought back to life. I know that the Lazarus Pit can bring people back to life, but Sarah has been dead for a while, and I was hoping that she would stay that way (otherwise anyone can come back). Also, Captain Cold and Heat Wave are somewhat strange additions to the team, but it could still work. However, it is fun to see that Palmer, aka the Atom, can become small like the Arrow season finale alluded to. *End Spoilers*

What do you think of the trailer? Please let me know in the comments!


If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

5 comments:

  1. This looks really awesome...which I guess is no surprise coming from CW these days. Couple things:

    * CW's special effects team is incredible. I'd say most of the special effects on these shows surpass even Agents of Shield. Probably only Game of Thrones beats them.

    *WTF is Sarah doing alive again? I like the character, but dead is dead. Hopefully they don't reintroduce her in the Arrow universe OR hopefully she has a totally different personality after the Lazarus Pit.

    Either way, I'm excited for this. Big time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, the FX are well above most other shows on TV. I don't know how they do it on their budget.

      *Spoilers* I know! That's what really shocked me. She has been dead for so long that the pit shouldn't work anymore. Otherwise, anyone can come back to life!

      -James

      Delete
  2. I should probably not be so negative and just not comment, but I think that this looks like a made-for-TV Avengers ripoff. And the team seems rather unbalanced, with two fire-based characters and Atom, who is really a mashup of Iron Man and Ant Man. Finally the bad guy goons have these generic laser blaster things that remind me of stormtrooper blasters. I really hope I have not offended anyone, and in the future will not comment unless I have something positive to say. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I am glad to read your opinion. I actually agree about the Atom being a ripoff of Iron Man. However, the original Atom character, who could shrink (not with an Iron Man suit though), was created around same time as Ant-Man, so that didn't bothered me. But I do understand the what you are saying about similarities. Have you seen Arrow or The Flash?

      -James

      Delete
    2. No, I have not seen Arrow or the Flash. I don't watch TV and it is hard to find it online, besides I am busy watching Daredevil every chance I get. I would like to check Arrow and Flash out sometime, to see what DC is doing TV-show wise.

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...