SEARCH MY BLOG

Monday, June 20, 2011

Tron: Legacy Review.

Tron: Legacy Review.
Directed by: Joseph Kosinski
Genre: Sic-Fi, Action adventure
Running Time: 125 minutes
MMPA rating: PG

The Good: Great fight scenes, Light cycle battle was incredible, Managed to make the costumes not look cheesy, Special effects were great.

The Bad: A few plot inconsistencies, CLU's face did not look real,





Plot: In 1989, seven years after defeating the Master Control Program, Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges), the innovative software engineer and the CEO of ENCOM International, disappears. Twenty years later, his son, Sam (Garrett Hedlund), who became ENCOM's controlling shareholder after his father's disappearance, takes little interest in the company besides an annual practical joke on the board of directors. Sam is visited by his father's friend and ENCOM executive Alan Bradley (Bruce Boxleitner), who urges Sam to investigate a mysterious page originating from Flynn's old arcade, which was disconnected for twenty years. While exploring the shuttered arcade, Sam discovers a concealed computer laboratory and unintentionally transports himself to the Grid, a virtual world inside the computer.
Sam is captured and taken to the game arena, where he is pitted against Rinzler, the champion of the games. During their duel, Rinzler notices that Sam is not a Program but rather a User. Rinzler takes Sam before CLU, a digital copy of Kevin Flynn, who rules over the Grid. CLU nearly kills Sam in a Light Cycle match before Quorra (Olivia Wilde) rescues him. Taken to a distant, off-grid hideout in the "Outlands," Sam is reunited with his father. Watch the movie to see what happens next.



Plot: 8.2/10- A few inconsistencies but overall a good story.

Action: 9.2/10- Lightsaber like Light Disk battles and the Light cycle battle were awesome.

Acting: 8.4/10- A very solid cast.

Special effects:9.5/10- Special effects made a very convincing computer world except CLU's face which didn't look real.

Soundtrack:8.4/10- The electronic techno music fit the movie perfectly.

Comedy: 6.0- Tron is not a comedy but it does have some humorous moments.

Overall: 8.7/10- Overall a great movie.

Closing comments: Tron: Legacy is a must see movie that anyone can enjoy.

Recommended for: Sci-Fi movie fans, Computer geeks, anyone.

7 comments:

  1. I heard a bunch of people talking abput this movie but I have so many other movies on my to-watch list..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Tron: Legacy!! It was an AWESOME movie!

    -Barriss =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best movie I've seen in a very long time. My siblings and I have watched it numerous times already. Love it!

    The only thing that bothers me about the movie is CLU's face. There are some shots where they could have tried much harder and put more detail into it. Other then that, I don't have any true issues with it. Not to mention it's a great movie to write fanfiction for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Eldra: It would have been my favorite of the year but Inception was incredible. And I agree CLU's face did not have as munch detail as I would have liked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't seen Inception, but that probably would take top spot. Not entirely sure, though. At least they both have Cillian Murphy in them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this movie! The light cycle battle was the best! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just commented on another post and said that you guys should review this. Sorry!! Now I see that you already have.

    I haven't seen Tron:Legacy yet but I Netflixed it. Hopefully I can watch it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...